{1}- Prologue | Mundo Cero

Edit: This is the revised prologue. Cheers!

Subaru POV

It was supposed to be a very, very normal day.

Buying convenience store food was a normal thing for a shut-in, so is doing it during night.

What was not normal was the blinding light that bursted into my eyes, forcing me to brace for some impact that never came.

And then I hear voices.

I suddenly open my eyes to find myself in the streets of some kind of worn-out country, with demihumans walking around. A dragon pulling a carriage went pass me as the pieces suddenly clicked in my head.

Could it be... that I've suddenly transported into another world?

***********************************************************************************************

3rd Person POV

400 years ago, the Witch of Envy began her rampage on the world, destroying half of it in the process. Some say she was starved of love, and something tragic has happened. Others view her as a monster, whose actions could never been regarded as anything less of a devil's. Three heroes stood up to her: the First Sword Saint Reid Astrea, The Great Erudite Flugel, and the Divine Dragon Volcanica. The three names went down in history as the most prominent figures, while others did not. Such as the other witches of sin, and the ones who disappeared from any historical records.

Forming the land today are the four countries: The Dragon Kingdom of Lugnica, the Empire of Vollachia, the Holy Kingdom of Gusteko, and the Kararagi City States. Coincidentally, a great spirit resides in each country. The Great Spirit of Fire who resided in Elior Forest of Lugnica, the Great Spirit of Wind who dwelled in the western border of Kararagi known as Zarestia's bed, the Great Spirit of Earth who wandered the grounds of Vollachia, and the Great Spirit of Water who chose the next ruler of Gusteko.

However, many enigmas still exist in this world, and it was far from a peaceful land. The wretched Witch Cult attacked the innocents, the mabeasts who teared apart any other living being except their own, the Three Great Mabeasts who continued to bring disaster to the land, unable to be hunted down by mortal means.

Save... save him.

But what's most interesting of all is that this world was but a story in another multiverse.

I love... him. 

And a boy has happened to travel here through a misfortunate bonk on the head.

ENVY

The timeline is disastrous. Overpowered villains with underlevelled protagonists who barely win in a fight, and suffer much more pain than those who are suffering.

So, his resolve was...

"I'm saving everyone. No one. No one is dying again, for that is my purpose."

And that resolve will stay with him even after he dies. That's his legacy.

"I don't desire a 'happy end', but a 'better end'. I am here. I could help them."

"I need power, I need influence, and I need strength to save those I want to save."

"Then save them, my successor. I look forward to seeing what you can do. Go accomplish the things I could not achieve, using all your knowledge and wits."

Although this line went unheard, the boy who was branded a genius decided that it would be his duty. And for his resolve, he was awarded.

***********************************************************************************************

"Y/N!"

"Y/N-san."

"Thank you, Y/N!"

"Y/N nii-chan!"

"I appreciate your contributions, so, so much."

"You helped me from that pain. So in return, I will stand by you to brace your pain."

"Well? Do you have any plans in mind?"

"Not any currently, Chid-chan. But at least we're finished now, aren't we?"

"You made a good story, Y/N. It was truly an impressive feat. But aren't you afraid that I'll discard you since you can't fulfill my greed now?"

"Of course not. My existence fulfills your greed, hehe. Come on, let's mark ourselves down in another page of history today!"

***********************************************************************************************

"That's the world I want to achieve."

"When I can say, 'my duty is done', that's when I know I accomplished my goal."

"Hm, maybe not. Maybe I'll continue even further than that. But for now..."

The boy jumped down in front of the three thugs, and gave them a smile as they recognized who he was. Nodding, they ran off, leaving the boy along with the one in his tracksuit.

"Hey, Natsuki Subaru. My name's Y/N L/N. What's up?"

This is the story of the boy who started defying fate, and deceiving life from zero.