{108}- Wills and Desires | Unobstruction: Initiation

"Onii-san?"

Looking up at Subaru, who had slowly stood up at that spot, Rui called out to him.
Pulling the hand that had been on her neck, with bafflement remaining on her expression, woke her body up from the golden bed her hair had been blanketing and blinked in seeming perplexity.

"What, happened. Look, continue the one from earlier...... continue it?"

"Continue it......"

Being told to resume, Subaru moistened his lips with his tongue. When contemplating as an existence of mere mind, both this and temporary peace of mind were naught but meaningless actions closer to habits. However, by that single action, he had come to notice something.

He was clear-headed to such an extent that even he himself would be surprised.

The incomprehensible chaos and frenzy until a moment ago, just as both of them had been pulled away by waves, he felt at peace as if swimming in the middle of a calm sea.
That is why...

"You don't need to say anything, anymore. I'm fed up of your gut-wrenching explanation."

He had managed to recognise how the clot of malice which had taken the form of a young girl before his eyes twisted and distorted Subaru's will and use it as per her own conveniences.

At what Subaru had pointed out, Rui said "Nonono" and shook her right and left hands...

"Gut-wrenching you say...... how harsh. Even though we had, in our own way, pro~perly thought of onii-san, and just given advice......"

"Also, stop using words I know for purposefully making it seem sarcasm about myself like this. Even if you try to shake me like this, it's of no use. ーーThe present me, will no longer waver."

At those words, Rui straitened her eyes. Surely she was unaware of the details of what changes had occurred in Subaru's​ self. Even Subaru did not specifically know. However, the Greed which shall not waver by anything, had decided upon Natsuki Subaru.

Subaru had also defined himself. Into the form wished by the blue-haired girl, who had shouted at none but the Subaru of that moment.

Subaru glanced at not Rui, but the side opposite to her. There no longer was the form of her, who had not too long ago faced Subaru and smited him with words relentless. The moment Subaru stood up and faced forward, she disappeared. But, perhaps, that was fine.

The reunion with the young girl, was not to take place here, and neither with Subaru. No, that was not exactly accurate either. Merely, the one to reunite with her, must be the Natsuki Subaru who has recovered his memories with her, his feelings for her.

And, there was no need to form a distinction between that 'Natsuki Subaru' and Natsuki Subaru.

"I was told...... time and time again, still huh."

He had been told, that even after losing his memories, Subaru was Subaru.

When he stubbornly used to think that there was a precise, distinct disparity, that he must differentiate, those had been Subaru's encumbrance, chains of curse.

But, so what. Right now, from Subaru's perspective, who had ascertained what he must do, that was a guidepost, a thread of hope.It shall surely light Subaru's path until he pulls it in, reels it in, gets closer, and reaches the place where the people whom he cherishes, who were holding the front of that thread were.

"Put away your knife and fork, you food-thieving escaped fugitive. There's no noodle soup for you here."

Rui Arneb widened her eyes, staring at Subaru who had a finger pointed towards her. And perceiving the absence of even the slightest sympathy in Subaru's expression, she cast her eyes down.