{45}- Methods of Elimination | The Start of the Invasion

"Sin Archbishop of Wrath?! Are you serious?!" I whispered to Subaru, and suddenly pretended to have a headache. "Hold up, Pure Truth is acting up..."

As I pretended to have my future ability act up, I established a mental link to Echidna, who was hanging out with the people in the hotel at the time, and she immediately responded.

Y/N... is something the matter?

Chid-chan, there was a blackout, right? Can you please fill me in on what happened?

Subaru returned by death? Well, that's new. What happened?

Apparently, the one you would dub as 'this generation's Wrath' showed up, but I don't know the exact specifics.

Okay, let me enter the Castle of Dreams to fill you in.

I stood as my soul left my body, and entered Echidna's portable domain. The other five witches were also there, and everyone seemed happy to see me.

"N/N!" Typhon yelped as she hugged me as I descended, smiling brightly as Echidna sighed.

"Typhon, let Y/N go for now, we have work to do." Echidna told her, and Typhon reluctantly let me go Sekhmet let out a languid sigh, diminishing the happiness in the atmosphere by a bit.

"How have you all been doing?" I said to Minerva, Sekhmet, Typhon, Carmilla, and Daphne, who all were seated on the grass in the tranquil domain's hill, and their personalities were reflected by their unusual responses.

"I'm fine. However, Echidna just showed me your last loop! That was too reckless! Do you not worry about yourself at all when you throw yourself into danger? Also, there are others who worry about you too, so you shouldn't make them sad either!"

I was going to say 'do you mean yourself', but that seemed like a hassle to add, so I just accepted her warning of sorts. "Okay, Minerva, I'll be sure to make sure that I'm not hurt when I go rescue people next time."

"Hmph! As long as you know!"

Typhon just went ahead and judged me by using her Authority of Pride on me, but since I had a partial immunity, I only felt a slight pain. Can't tell if that means I'm actually evil or not, since I will not break into pieces no matter how severe the evil is.

Typhon smiled as she thought I was a good guy again, and ran off to Sekhmet to tend to her desires, and the Witch of Sloth just gave me a look that meant my presence was recognized and that she was listening.

Daphne was quite easy to deal with. She just came over using her centipede coffin and gave my face a lick, and I understood what she meant as I gave her an ice cream to eat, on a stand that held it, of course, considering that she doesn't want to move.

Carmilla was quite shy once again, so I just went beside her and struck up a conversation that appealed to her, which is again, about loving people and oneself. She thanked me as she stuttered again, and I went towards Echidna.

"So, 5 Witches are not as easy to deal with as you thought, huh?" Echidna teased as I sighed.

"You're a hard nut to crack as well, you know that, Chid-chan?"

"Okay, okay, let's get on with what we're supposed to do." Echidna said as she materialized two chairs, and put her hand to my head as I recalled the events of Subaru's last loop.

"I see. So I didn't die after Lusbel hit the ground. At least that's fortunate. And my Imperceptible Extensions were immediately recognized by Sirius as the Unseen Hands. I wonder who would she recognize as the true Betelgeuse if both Subaru and myself used or Authorities?"