{96}- Sins Across the Passage of Time | Library of the Dead (Part 1)

Y/N POV

The first door I went through was covered in flowers and stone bricks. How interesting. I honestly did not expect anything like this for any of the witches of sin.

Or... could it be?

The answer was revealed soon enough. My soul, pulled from my physical body, was plunged into this memory of hers.

The memory of the Witch of Pride.

***********************************************************************************************

A girl once existed. Humble clothes upon a skinny figure, green hair along with a skin tanned in the shine of days. She seemed to be at an age to be a called a little girl, however, her heart was commanded by unending distress.

Unable to find the answer for it by any means, for the girl, it was an inborn argument. What's  troubling her mind was the unending supreme argument. It was the logic omnipresent in the world, that contrast of white and black: namely, good and evil. Righteousness, and the deeds of err.

Though there were innumerable choices in the world, all deeds are eventually decided to be on either of those positive and negative poles. For the yet youthful girl, there was a reason to continue to anguish over that logic. It was inevitable for her. The one who had divided the woman's world into white and black, good and evil, the righteous and the sinners, was her own father. Her father decapitated the necks of sinners, and made a living by delivering punishment appropriate for the errs. Delivering the end of their life, the punishment suitable for their err, upon the sinners who had sinned, meant livelihood to her father.

An 'executioner', they called him. The girl had seen the actions of her father, who was named that, and the state of affairs of the execution site, before even the days of youth. The repulsive and cruel deeds, the death wails of the sinners granted quietus, the execution site ruled by blood and death.

What made the girl witness 『Death』 there, was none other than her father's own will. Punishment casted upon the committed sins, evil deeds met their result through the means of evil deeds.

The father attempted to convey the rightful state of affairs he believed in, of the world's good and evil, as an executioner, to the child. It was a noble will, a pure ideology without question. However, keeping the mind the girl's youthfulness, it seemed to be conceited, since it was too early to seek ideals.

She saw the deaths of many with her own eyes, scented the odour of blood, and burnt the punishment casted upon sinners into her memory. As a result, before she could study in depth the value of life, and the principle of life and death, she instead learnt punishments befitting the sins. Benevolence gave birth to good cause, wrongdoings called upon roots of evil, the souls of sinners were corrupted, worthy of punishment.

Comprehending the teachings of her father through that interpretation, the woman desired the rightful state of affairs for 'Punishments​ Befitting the Sins'. For that she sought something which would become her guiding principle, the balance of virtue which would establish evil deeds as evil.

However, the balance which she sought, existed nowhere within her sphere of search. The good and evil of affairs had no simple answer, but the correction, sin and punishment possessed many factors determining them. Despite not having any tools to realize her goal, she never gave up.

She must obtain the answer. She must conceive the balance befitting good and evil in her heart. She must present the answer to the undissolving doubt present within the interior of her chest.

Days of agony continued, however, she gained the answer suddenly, as if a blessing had been granted to her from the heavens above. Shattering her father's vine cup, she was greatly frightened by the sin she had committed herself. Preparing herself to face beheading, the young girl confessed her own sin to her father.