{64}- Watchtower's Sage | Gōman no Shiren

We're at 94K! Can we get to 100K before February?!

"The Sage Shaula, who governs over the Pleiades Watchtower. I believe she is the key to solving this problem."

Anastasia said this, and I immediately tenses as Pure Truth gave a twitch inside my Witch Factor, as if it picked on something.

A vision.

It seems that I have a place to go before the trip to Arc 6, huh? Heh, this is just to my liking.

Two powerful chess pieces just entered the palm of my hand once again.

While I smiled at the revelation, I noticed that Subaru and Julius had a conversation regarding the Three Great Heroes, since Subaru didn't know who the Sage was.

"Four hundred years ago, three great heroes contributed to the sealing of the "Witch of Envy". One of those was the "Sword Saint", Reid Astrea―― The sword's heaven-sent child who was the first to acquire the "Divine Protection of the Sword Saint" and the title which Reinhardt inherited."

"There's also records that show that Reid Astrea, the first "Sword Saint", did not have the Divine Protection. Not all known legends are unconditionally true. Of course, it's a fact that Reid-sama built the current Astrea family and the name of the "Sword Saint, though."

Reinhardt, who was said person's descendant, supplemented what Julius, who was looking at him, had said.

However, considering it regarded his ancestor who'd accomplished great deeds that had been left behind in history, Reinhardt's expression when talking about it was somewhat brooding. He also seemed to be worried about Julius when it came to that. It didn't look like he was going to insist on the subject regarding the inherited Divine Protection. 

"So, the Sage was a companion of that Sword Saint, that's the gist I'm getting." Subaru said.

"More accurately, the Sage Shaula, and the Divine Dragon Volcanica...... You know, the dragon that protects the Kingdom of Lugnica. It's said that it started with a promise whereby Volcanica joined forces in battle to seal "The Witch of Envy" and now even to this day still watches over the Kingdom." Emilia added.

"It's customary to call the "Sword Saint", "The Sage" and the "Divine Dragon" as the Three Great Heroes. You ought to remember that."

"Whoaa, don't get fired up..... I get it, thank you for the explanation."

Subaru waved his hands in order to calm Julius down, who was a little bit angry that Subaru did not properly recognize the significant figures.

"Currently, the Sage Shaula is in the tower near the "Witch's Shrine", and has always secluded herself there so to stop those who plan to revive the "Witch of Envy". Always, since that time."

"......For 400 years?"

"For 400 years." Julius confirmed.

To Subaru, it probably was an absurd story. However, this provoked a thought in his mind.

"......Mhm, the tower's name makes me think of something..."

"Your constellation, correct?" I asked him, and his eyes lit up. "In Japanese, Pleiades is Subaru. I don't know what the Sage was thinking of when they named something after the stars, but this is proves the work of another Outerworlder like us."

"Then, by any chance are they a troubling individual?" Subaru asked.

"To ensure peace in the world, the Sage Shaula continues ta watch ova' the Witch......Their name is known far and wide throughout the world. I've known about 'em too since the time I was in Kararagi. But, at the same time, the Sage Shaula is also known in this other way."