{25}- To Help a Friend | Y/N vs Garfiel

HEllo Guys!

This is an Author's note about the Chapters upcoming.

And a little notice.

So after this chapter was originally going to be Y/N watching Subaru vs Garfiel and doing some other stuff but I happened to scrap that idea. So, the next chapter that was supposed to be named Invisible Providence | Requests will not exist for the time being.

We'll move on to Return to the Mansion | Fury Ablaze after this chapter.

Just so you guys know. And also, including this chapter, Arc 4 only has 5 chapters left. When I finish Arc 4, I'm taking a short two-week break before returning with the exclusive Arc 4.5 I've planned out just for this story! Arc 4.5 will contain 13 chapters, and Y/N will gain more allies as he ventures throughout the land before going to Priestella. I haven't come up with a name for the arc yet, so stay tuned for that!

If you don't know what Arc names are uh then u can go to the re zero wiki to find out. I'm not going to explain that right here this moment, sry. Let's get on with the story!

I woke up in the graveyard again, and immediately checked the pendant around my neck. Good, the connection to Echidna was still there. I stumbled out of the graveyard, and saw Otto running after someone, presumably Subaru, so I decided to follow him.

Otto slid down a hill, and I stayed back a few meters, trying to keep myself out of sight. At this moment, Echidna's voice connected again.

Ah. Y/N. I see you went out of the Graveyard safely, correct? And also, what are you planning to do now?

Me? I told you, I'm just trying to follow the storyline, and not mess it up while improving people's lives.

Really? But what about...that other goal?

That one will have to wait. You're not out yet. When you successfully transfer your soul, we can talk about that.

Oh-ho? So you knew... not even Subaru knew. Well, I guess it's not that surprising, considering your ability and knowledge that you possess.

Personally, I'll be happy that you'll be out. I swear, I can hug a Ryuzu clone without feeling like a lolicon, you know?

Huh? What do you mean-

Ya... no. I need to go find Subaru to successfully complete the next part of the plan. The attack is coming soon, so I need to be at the mansion before that.

Okay then. Good luck. I'll be here if you need me.

Thanks for being here with me, Echidna.

After cutting off the conversation link, I heard Otto scolding Subaru. "Take a deep breath, Natsuki-san."

"A deep breath?" Subaru said, confused as I chuckled about what's going to happen next. I heard Subaru proceed to take one, but Otto's fist slammed into his face, sending him reeling back as Subaru collapsed on the floor.

"Huh?" Subaru said as his expression showed pure shock, unable to comprehend why Otto did what he did.

"Stop... trying to put on a tough front around your friends, Natsuki Subaru!"

Timeskippu*

After Subaru has successfully talked it out with Otto and made a bet with Roswaal, he came out looking a tiny bit exhausted about what he has just done. I chose this moment to make my appearance as I seemingly appeared next to him.