{42}- Advance Onto the Stage | Water Gate City

Hello, Hello!

40K VIEWS! We did it! Also 50 K when? hehe~

#1 on melancholy, rezero, authorities, periodic, and maleinsert! We're really on fire these days!

The long-awaited Arc 5 of Re:Periodic is finally here! Hope this fic's future exceeds ur expectations!

Also, plz join the Re:Zero fanfiction discord server and continue to support me there! Thx!

Link: https://discord.gg/ytyVcNk9Tf

If you guys wanna copy the link, then plz go to my Conversations place to copy. Thx! I'll post it there/ Already did?

Enjoy!

11 months after the events of Arc 4.5...

??? POV

"Osprey, what are you doing over there? Get over here to properly guard Lugnica's borders!"

"Okay, okay, I'm coming..." Osprey said as he grudgingly trudged over to his post. "Seriously, Nagen, why do you nag me so much anyways? There won't be an incident like last time."

"Just because we're not back at that Vollachian border fortress does not mean that you can slack off! In fact, it's even more dangerous here, considering that this is a gathering point of all four countries!"

"Ya, but will there be another Cecilus Segmunt running past this particular fortress? No! So relax, Nagen, it's not like we will have a country attacking us or something..."

"Oh, ya? Then what is that in the distance?" Nagen said with urgency as Osprey looked at a dust cloud in the distance.

"No way... is that a... mabeast horde?" Osprey gasped as he spotted a rock covered pig, and many other ones surrounding it. The weirdest part was... there were people riding it as they came into view, with saddles on their back.

"Mabeast horde? Are you serious?" Nagen said as he took a closer look at what he just told his comrade to observe, and shock expressed on his face. "Tell all units to engage and be ready to fight! If we're unprepared, we might actually die to all of them! The amount is insane... almost as if someone was coordinating them..."

"Hey, look!" Osprey said as he noticed a boy riding a ground dragon in front of the mabeast horde, seemingly trying to escape the impeding danger behind him. "We gotta help that kid!"

"You serious? Osprey-"

"Nagen, we can't leave a kid like him out there alone, you know! I'm going to rescue him."

"Osprey, you can't just-" Nagen started, but Osprey was already off. Sighing, Nagen followed his comrade as they went outside the gate.

"Hey! Kid!" Osprey yelled out to the boy on the ground dragon, who looked quite unfazed at what was happening behind him despite having a mabeast horde right there. Osprey didn't know if this kid was sleeping, but upon closer inspection he realized he wasn't, and the boy was waving back with glee.

Osprey would've yelled 'Kid what the hell are you so happy about' if he didn't hear the kid shout back once his voice was in range.

"Hello! Is this the border fortress I've heard about?" The boy said with a carefree spirit as he halted his dragon, and got off it as the mabeast horde suddenly stopped behind him as Osprey and Nagen looked at the situation with shock, their mouths agape.

"Y/N nii-chan! We can stop now, right?" A blue haired girl who popped up from one of the mabeasts said to the boy as he gave a thumbs-up back, and the girl nodded as she started to speak with the mabeasts, before they went away as if obeying her.