{82}- Jimuna's Guardian | Amorum

Inserted a very lit anime opening

You can play that during the fight scene :)

Y/N POV

"We're almost there, Omega!" I said to my contracted as we ran our way up the base of the volcano, towards the ending point that marked the finish line of the second phase of the Lava Competition.

"It would've been really helpful it I could fly like Sphinx..." Omega sighed. "At least most of my Magic Power's return is 98% complete, so I can at least buff myself with Akra."

"This is good physical exercises for you, you know? I can't imagine your proportions being so fit back in the day when you literally barely moved." I reminded her of her past 400 years ago, and she sighed.

"I don't get fat, you know?" Omega retorted as she began using Earth Magic to carry her forward from underneath her feet, and I groaned at her act.

"That's cheating... I don't even have the Earth mana attribute..."

"Too bad, so sad." Omega snickered as she continued forward, while I stopped to look down at how much we had climbed up. I can see our battalion like a dot at the starting point, but overall it's been a long climb. I wonder who made this road all the way up, though.

Within ten minutes, we arrived at the finish line, or at least the supposed finish line.

"You're supposed to jump down there?" I yelled at the volcano's inside edges, while we stood on its peak. There were clearly arrows made out of some kind of stone or metal pointing downwards, indicating that we should take that path.

"There's no reason not to..." Omega said as she looked down at the bubbling magma, but retracted her words immediately. "On second thought, it might be a bad idea to do so."

"You just need a sufficient amount of mana protection for us to get down into the lava. Using Zarestia's Zephyr Sphere spell, we can last around 5 minutes in there until the lava starts to seep in. If that happens, I can maintain Prudence's Barrier for an extra 10 seconds and then re-cast the Zephyr Sphere. So in total, we have 10 minutes and By the way, I even sense the Love Sword down there."

"The Sword of Power you were looking for? How do you even know that?" Omega asked me, curious on how I managed to locate it. My answer, however, was not very satisfactory.

"Plain gut intuition."

"Huh-" Omega was about to criticize my lack of effort to think it through, but I grabbed her collar and yeeted both of us down the opening and plunged towards the deadly magma below. "Hey, Y/N, we could actually die from this! I demand life insurance for this kind of dangerous mission!"

"Oh, my life insurance was already paid. I made a clone back at the top, so I could just transfer my consciousness to there. As for yours... find a way out on your own."

"Is this any way to treat your contractor!?"

"I'm just joking, of course. Don't worry, we won't die." I assured as we continued falling. When we reached around 15 meters above the lava, I deployed Zarestia's wind magic spell, and a barrier made of roaring gusts surrounded Omega and I as we dipped into the lava. Surprisingly, the wind sphere started immediately spewing the lava away like how it deflected my attacks. I went through the lava along with Omega for a while, before I had to deploy Prudence's Barrier.

The 10 seconds finished soon enough and we casted the Zephyr Sphere together this time. After a long time, we somehow broke through into a layer of lava that was actually... not lava. I opened the barrier a little and let it leaked in, since I noticed the obvious colour change. After touching and observing it, it was deemed a warm, orange liquid that doesn't actually burn you.