{32}- (Colette and Palmyra | The Requirements to be a Witch) Part 2

Hello Hello! Third day of continuous story!
Omega POV, 3rd Person Omniscient

"The world was a tough place for humans to live in 400 years ago. Magic was an exclusive strong suit Demi-Humans and Spirits had, regardless of which country you were in. Humans even struggled at building fires."

Omega snapped her fingers as she spoke, making the flames of the fire dance.

A few days had passed with Omega staying in Colette's small cabin. In that short amount of time, this young-looking elf had rewritten everything she knew about the world, one by one.

At first, when she'd been swept in by the river, Omega had seemed to her like a bundle of danger. However, the way she displayed her knowledge and magic in these various everyday scenes had changed Colette's perception of her.

Omega was heedless, and an absentminded kind of gal to boot. Nevertheless, the reason she was able to keep travelling with a disposition like that was because she possessed the "power" to make it more or less feasible.

She could easily tell how powerful Omega was by just looking at the way she created fire, boiled water, chopped firewood with the wind and tilled the soil with a mere snap of her fingers.

"A knack for magic? Indeed. I would like to say that it's become possible for anyone to do this sort of stuff with some practise, but that would be wrong. Magic too is an art, so it greatly depends on the qualities of the individual. As far as I know, there are only four people in history who can do what I can." Omega said as Colette let out a surprised gasp.

In history, not in the world. Her use of that expression conjured up images of Omega's grandiosity in Colette's mind.

She was taken aback, gripped by Omega's face in profile as she declared that without showing any signs of laughing it off as being bombastic, let alone as being braggadocious.

Omega unreservedly declared that she was one of the best in the world, and not out of conceit. A certain word popped up in Colette's mind seeing her like that.

How would Omega react if she were to muster her courage and say it out loud?

"..If you've got something to say, why don't you try and say it?"

Omega said that in a quiet tone as she looked at the taciturn Colette.

While feeling like those clear blue eyes had seized her, Colette spoke that "word" out loud. As soon as she heard what it was, Omega gave her her most bewitching smile yet.

"Yes, it's like that of course. ──I'm quite the wicked witch you know?"

That was her reply.

...In other words, Colette's life had become such that she was spending her daily life with a Witch who knew about the days of yore.

***********************************************************************************************

"Why am I wearing a cloak that doesn't fit me, you ask? That's because it didn't belong to me from the start, I received it from someone else."

Omega calmly answered Colette's question as the latter hung up her cloak to dry, having just been washed.

Colette had a fondness for asking questions, and often pestered Omega for "stories", which had been the condition she'd offered her for staying here. Her overwhelming curiousity was something which Omega liked, considering she loved to talk.

"After all, most people tend to either ignore me when I'm talking pleasantly, or they'll forcibly tell me to shut up from the start."

"Really? Butbut, that's such a waste. Your stories are super interesting Omega-chan, and I love finding out about all these things that I didn't know about."