{100}- Sword God vs Warlock | The Limits and Beyond

P.S. The song above carried my writing for real.

Y/N POV

One step is all it takes.

That will be a lot of people trying to motivate you to do something, and I daresay that around 45% of the time that they're absolutely right.

The current situation falls into the 15% where they're absolutely wrong.

Because defeating the Sword Saint, who has transcended human limits, is definitely taking a hell lot more steps than one.

But getting in front of him, does indeed take only one.

Boosted with Al Akra and mana potions I bought in Priestella before, I took one step forward and dashed straight in front of Reid, and slammed all five of my swords down onto his chopsticks, sending him back. I didn't even issue a challenge condition yet, since we were both caught up in the heat of the moment, which means that my only means to victory was to beat the monster.

And oh boy is it going to be difficult.

"Pweh!" Reid stabilized his footing and sent a wave of wind at me using the chopsticks, but I sliced it apart with ease using my swords. "Do you think having 5 swords makes ya look cool? Let me tell ya, you can' do shit swinin' around with those, not on my level."

"Who says I have to get on your level to defeat you?" I dashed forward again, and Bayanga has already activated the Al Vita spell on him to keep in in place while Alchemis set my swords on fire, and Cahya blinded his eyes with bright light.

With one jump, I flew into the air using Murak, and twisted my body as I gathered rotational momentum and slammed all five swords into his face.

"Gotoryu - A Côte de Puissance."

The Al Vita spell was lifted as its effects vanished, but Reid managed to remember this trick since he had been caught by it a few times before already, and maintained his weight on the ground, resulting in him only being pushed away by a few dozen meters.

"Inen- Kurayami no Hyakutotachi"

I gave the Shadow Sword to one of my Extensions, which twisted and turned the blade as it slashed at Reid, sending corrosive shadow blades at the Sword Saint as he ran towards me. Reid dodged them and slashed at them with ease using the chopsticks, and when he was just a few meters away, I pointed Ryōkyō at him like a laser cannon, and unleashed its own spell.

"Gathered Spirits, Prismatic Overload."

The spiritual energy I've accumulated throughout my journey by absorbing mana from the atmosphere unleashed itself, and a rainbow beam emerged from the sword's tip, cutting the edge of Reid's face before he dodged and slashed at me with the chopsticks, to which I defended by activating Amorum's passive, Dome of Unending Love. The ability allows accumulation of affection and positive feelings towards the user and form it into an energy shield of sorts when needed. 

After absorbing the initial impact of his attack, I slashed on retaliation, forcing Reid to jump back in response. His martial prowess is amazing indeed, and he's strengthening his chopsticks with a constant supply of his mana and Od. Adding onto that, any physical burden and kinetic energy that I hit him with using physical attacks gets transferred out of his feet. So despite being sent flying or crashed into walls, Reid showed no sign of fatigue or injury.

So magic attacks it is?

Go wild, my spirits.

"AL-IL-OL GOA!!!"

"AL-IL-OL JIWALD!!!"

"AL-IL-OL MINYA!!!"

The triple spell soared towards Reid and hit him temporarily before he slashed them apart using his sword skills, only to be met by my own swords. Meanwhile, Zeam was sneaked behind Reid, and shot at him. Reid barely avoided the high-velocity slash, and it nicked him by just a tiny bit, but he suddenly winced in pain.