{61}- The Sword Saints' Pain and Love | Last Curtain Falls

After the fight between Y/N and Capella...

??? POV

"Phew, I thought I couldn't get away..."

The boy said as he ran from the city hall square, unknown to all except his creator. This was one of Y/N's clones created through Infinite Multiplication, having half the strength of a regular Y/N.

"Glad that the original allowed me to borrow the swords of power, or else the mission will prove to be quite difficult indeed."

The clone, or dubbed as Y/N Prime, huffed as he finally reached the street his original sent him to. During the battle against the Sin Archbishop of Lust, he had been sent away under the cover of dust, which was his means for escaping the deadly battlefield.

And now, his task is to prevent the complete death of Theresia van Astrea, or so the original said.

HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO DO THAT?

Oya, struggling now, are we?

I heard a voice in my head, and recognized it as my original's contractor, Echidna.

Hello, clone-san. Do you perhaps require my assistance in the task you are informed to do?

Eh, sure. I personally don't know what the original is asking about either way, so what do you suggest?

Heh. When you sense that their soul is going to leave their body, tell me, and I'll bring them to a pocket dimension like my Castle of Dreams. That way, they don't disappear into Od Laguna and get 'recycled', in a sense.

I see. I will do just that, then.

I ran towards the scene, and realized that Reinhard had already arrived. A beautiful clash between blades appeared before my eyes, and I couldn't help but look with my mouth agape at the wonderful sight.

Although it's supposed to be a brutal battle, the clashes between Reinhard and Theresia looked... dazzling, somehow. It was as if grandmother and grandson acknowledged each other's strength, and they were having a great time of sorts. However, I knew that wasn't the case as at this moment, Reinhard deemed the reanimated body of Theresia nothing more than an abomination. Which is why I need to stop him before he causes his family to fall apart.

Having that thought in mind, I unsheathed Inen and Ryokyo, ans jumped between them as the two swords clashed with my own.

"Y/N! What are you doing?" Reinhard yelled at me, confused at my interference in his duel.

"Sorry, Reinhard. But I have to make sure that your family doesn't break."

According to Echidna, I could use Zeam suck Theresia's soul out, then use Suitoru to transfer it to the pendant which Echidna gave to me as a medium to transfer it to her newly built pocket dimension before Zeam could use it as fuel.

I faced Theresia, and I noticed her sword swung down faster than ever, so I decided to take the hit. Wincing in pain, I summoned my Extensions before my swords fell, and they caught Inen and Ryokyo as I unsheathed Zeam. Inen and Ryokyo clashes with the Dragon Sword Reid, while Zeam blocked Theresia's next attack.

Taking this chance, I bound Theresia's body with diamond, rendering her immobile. Since she cannot swing her rapier anymore, I took Zeam and touched her gently with it.

Seeing that the effect is taking place, I take Zeam just a little away from her just to make sure Zeam doesn't devour her soul, only aiding me in the process of sucking it out.

"Y/N, I'm sorry, but I cannot allow you to save that abomination. As a knight of the kingdom, I have to strike her down. Dead people..." Reinhard's voice cracked at his next line, guilt filling his heart. "...should stay dead."