{77}- Traces of the Thief | Deceit's Miasma

Y/N POV

"Hey! Stop running! We already caught you, so you running would only make matters worse!"

I yelled at the refugee thief who tried to get away from our clutches, who's also our target in the first place.

The target in question is Reize, an oni that escaped the eradication upon their tribe around 14 years ago. Another coincidence, is it not? I've had my suspicions again on who it was, since the Witch Cult decided to go full-crazy around 14 years ago, setting off bombs basically everywhere around the world.

And even Cappy, who has now joined our side, did not know any further plans than what she was told to do. And in this case, she kinda... helped eradicate the onis?

If I recall correctly, Capella dripped some kinda substance into Reize's ear, which was a fusion of her Dragon's Blood and some kind of catalyst that Pandora gave her. Using her Dragon's Blood as the base, I was quickly able to track the thief who was within the area of Zarestia's Bed, or more specifically, the southern forest next to it.

And now we're chasing the runaway, who is running quite eagerly and escaping many of our techniques with ease. I see that the oni tribe is really physically advanced in terms of genes, or they're just great escapees. Wait, no. Reize also has Zarestia's Light Sphere, maybe that's why it's giving her boosts. She's basically jumping with boosts mid-air at this point.

You know what... time to go full power just for a little bit.

"Al Akra!" I yelled as the Yang Magic flooded through my body, and enhanced every single one of my physical capabilities. I chased after her in her direction, and as soon as I entered the vicinity of where she should be, an immense bloodlust suddenly emerged from behind me and swatted me into the ground.

What the hell? First Zarestia, and now an oni with parts of that monster's power?

I turned and faced the oni who stood in the trees, glaring at me menacingly. I need to shoot a flare to tell the other where I am-

Before I could finish that thought or relay to Echidna, she dashed towards me and punched me with enough force to completely demolish a wall. If not for my quick activation of Prudence's Barrier, I might've had another hole in my stomach.

Jumping back, I activated my Extensions and covered the area in my Dominator's Domain, unleashing my bloodlust to combat her own. This is going to be such a hard fight...

More blades of wind came towards me, and I spotted a miniature tornado coming my way. "Ul Vita!" I yelled as I increased the gravity on all the wind blades and the tornado, slowing them down before I cut through them using the Spirit Sword. Next, I swung Inen and bisected the tornado in half.

When the winds died down, I couldn't see the onis anymore, and instead, a enraged Zarestia came into view and punched me into a tree, followed by more blades of wind that severed everything in her way.

I rolled out of the range of the wind blades, and faced Zarestia in confusion. "Hey, Tia! Didn't we come to an agreement? Why are you attacking me now?"

Zarestia did not respond, and instead slashed through the air once again, forcing me to dodge. Annoyed at her behaviour, I decided to use all my power to fight. "Zeam!" I yelled, and caught the sword between my teeth.

"Santoryu- Original."

"Triangulum Crucifixium."

A series of nine slashes soared towards Zarestia, bound by souls, shadows, and spirits. In response to my attack, she unleashed a typhoon wave upon the slashes, but it did nothing to my slashes. They soared through and reached their target, successfully injuring her. However, the result was different from what I expected, and Zarestia... started melting.