{106}- Past, Present, Future | Pending Fifths

Your prayers have finally been answered, and we're back! Let's race to the finish line of Arc 6 Cour 2! (No, that does not mean I'm rushing everything)

Approximately 20 chapters have been planned, so look forwards to that!

Regarding and addressing some comments and concerns regarding OCs: The reason I added OCs was not to let them affect the major plot of Re:Zero as a whole, but rather, for them to develop something that is of my original creation - namely, Y/N's 'mother' and his deitic heritage, which would relate to future travels to world such as Konosuba and Youjo Senki. Regular interactions and unique developments will still happen between Y/N and the canon characters, but since this is a fanfic - consider the OCs as the consequence and karma for Y/N's existence in this major timeline. Also, it relates to something much bigger in Mundo Infinitum - my complete original work coming next year.

But aside from that, hope everyone had a happy new year, because we're kicking right into top gear from the get go!

(That also means my homework.... bruh.)

Enough of my yapping. Let's begin!

Y/N POV

Let's do this once again...

...from the very beginning.

All of my memories have returned. Although Prime is within me, resting somewhere at the depths of my soul, I can feel his presence.

It felt so long in that unusual darkness, but it was also an unbelievably fruitful experience. Utilizing the concepts of mana that Echidna has taught me, I've capture much of the inner workings of the Corridor of Memories - and although this is the case, I could not even try to bring back the previous Rem and others who have lost their selves.

I filled Crusch's memory gaps in by simply substituting knowledge from my world and also my experience in her presence, but I didn't exactly have too much of any interaction between Rem and myself - that's mostly Subaru's part.

So, now...

...before everything, we have to recount. Once again, to steel our resolve.

When my memories returned, I felt... lost, somewhat. It's as if my whole life was written in a book, and I'm reading it to patch together myself... very similar to a Book of the Dead, but it felt more welcoming than the chilling memories I've read, regarding the Witches.

I was a 'genius'. Well, sort of. I despised that title for a while, until I met my mentor. Together, we made various breakthroughs as scientists, contributing to the world in terms of transportation, exploration, and much, much more.

I was a brother. I taught my sister with the same information I sought out before, hoping to turn her into someone more successful. Although I'm not sure how exactly that turned out due to my memory gap between 14-17 years old, I'm pretty sure she's well past my expectations.

I was a foreigner. I landed in Lugnica in the dead of night (which was coincidentally day here), befriended the awesome thief (and hidden heiress), met the world's main character from a novel I never expected to be in.

And our journey continued. Utilizing my knowledge and powers, I made many friends, took down two of the three Great Mabeasts, discovered people out of the storyline, and went on adventures never seen before by the people of my world.

All of a sudden, those events don't seem so grandiose anymore: be it making a contract with each of the 7 Witches of Sin, liberating villages left and right from thieves and bandits, inventing various pieces of machinery, fighting off the Witch Cult's Archbishops (gaining a comrade in the process), finding one of the Great Spirits, and now arriving at the watchtower that was separated by space itself...