{62}- Reformed Archbishop's Repent | Final Act

We're basically at 90K! At this point, I'll announce a Valentine Special coming on Feburary 14th, featuring Capella and Y/N after Arc 5!

Dragon's Blood Bubble

Y/N POV

I heard sniffles as I regained consciousness, as well as the sensation that my clone returned, fulfilling its mission perfectly.

"Capella?" I turned towards the Sin Archbishop of Lust, suddenly noticing her erratic behaviour. The once cruel and disrespectful outside shell of the one I knew was gone, and was replaced by a sniffling girl in distress.

"Why... why did they have to kill him?"

"Do you mean Solace, perhaps?"

"-!" Capella looked at me in surprise, shocked to know that I possess such information.

"Don't worry, his soul is safe. I made sure of that. One day, I might even be able to let you talk to him. Now, why are you crying, Emerada?"

"You would never understand."

"But I do, I want to. I'm not the type of person to abandon anyone I see in distress. I might not be a hero, but at least I have the ability to understand ones that require help. And that includes you, Capella."

Within moments, Capella opened up, and told me a more detailed version of her story. After her explanation ended, I looked at her teary face, not knowing what to say. Noticing this, I sighed, and laid my hand on her shoulder.

"So... do you still miss Solace?"

"I don't know anymore. He's been away so long, and I've been doing so many things... that are unlike me. It was like my inner devil. However, I guess the part where I wanted everyone to love me is still there."

"If you want people to respect you, you have to respect them first. Same goes with popularity. So, do you really want to pursue that goal?"

"I don't know if I can anymore, to be honest. I mean, people already hate me for being the Sin Archbishop of Lust, so what can I do about it now?"

"Don't think about it like that, Capella." I said as I held out my hand to her. "As long as you are alive, the goal you want to pursue can be achieved. So how about you join me, and I'll help you achieve it. Let me help you walk the path of liberation, the one that erases the cruel fate that bounds you."

"Why are you helping me, anyways? I-" Capella suddenly shook a little, and her broken personality suddenly disappeared. Within the next moment, the former one was back, but with a slightly different approach when she looked at me.

"Smart piece of meat, why are my hands being held by you right now?"

A familiar tone struck back, same as the one she used when she was the Sin Archbishop of Lust. This shocked me greatly, as I thought her original personality returned, but it only seemed to emerge as a facade of its former self, unfortunately. After having this train of thought, did I just realize what Capella just said, and looked down to my arms as I saw Capella's hands in them.

EH? When did that happen?

"Uh, sorry!" I immediately wanted to chuck my hands back, but her grip suddenly tightened, to my surprise.

"Hey, smart meat, I never said that I don't want your attention, did I now?" Capella smirked as she pinned me down, and I squeaked in surprise. "You have given me the love that no one else has, so I believe it's my duty to repay that favour."

"Eh... what now?"

"Okay, okay, before you jump to any conclusions, I will not do anything 'lovey' in your opinion until I confirm your intentions."