Arc 6 Cour 2 Trailer

3rd Person POV

The sands... are gathering.

Across the vast areas of the Augria Sand Dunes, Witchbeasts flooded in towards the Watchtower, following the lead of two young boys. Although young, they exhibited abilities far better than many veteran soldiers in the entire world. Including controlling those mad animals.

"We're coming, little sister."

"It's time to begin the feast."

***********************************************************************************************

With Subaru traversing his own hurdles in the Corridor of Memories, Y/N reunites with his battalion and share a short-lived moment of celebration. With the five obstacles closing in, there's more than enough problems on their hands already. Determined to make sure everything goes alright this time, he sets his final plan for the arc in motion, and faces the incoming Witchbeasts that are stampeding across the dunes.

Only to get momentarily interrupted by the greatest adversary in his journey:

The Witch of Envy.

Sensing the one who managed to separate her personality last time, she emerged before him, and forced him into a deal.

If he lets Subaru die at any point before the battle's over, his own life will be taken, over and over again.

Faced with the dilemma of 'death' and death, Y/N struggles to make a difficult decision.

What is sacrifice, its reasons, and who to bear the burden?

What is right and what is wrong?

To what extent can he allow himself to manipulate Subaru to abuse Return by Death to achieve both his own goals while also making his friend grow?

"You heartless monster. In actuality, you're no better than us. So why do you insist that you are his friend, hm? ANSWER ME!"

The Witch of Envy's words etch themselves deep into Y/N's brain, trapping him in a spiral of doubt.

We all just wanted a better future for everyone...

... did we not?

***********************************************************************************************

Momentarily,

Silently,

Belong to me.

Cor Leonis!

As Subaru activated his Authority of Greed, Y/N sensed his friend to suddenly collapse in pain. "Subaru. Activate the Second Shift. I know you already know how to do it."

"But Y/N, you can't!"

"Don't worry. It will only render so much damage to my body. Besides, if I clone myself, the damage will be shared across all of my selves, making it basically non-existent. This way, you can also dish out some magic with Beatrice, right?"

"Fine..." Subaru reluctantly said to his friends before closing the pipe and opening another, transferring Ram's burdens and physical pain onto Y/N. Y/N, who braced for the pain, suddenly collapsed in shock, but slowly neutralized the danger by immediately cloning himself. By the point there were 100 clones, all of them stood up with relative ease.

Flicking their hand, they channeled healing magic to Ram's body as she fought Lye Baitenkaitos with all her might. With her wounds closed and her physical restraints removed, she leapt towards the Sin Archbishop of Gluttony with all her might while Y/N smiled in the back with Subaru.