{99}- Liberator's Battalion vs Reid Astrea | A Meaning of Loss

So, uh...

It's been a month since I've updated this, but we're back now.

Chapters 99 and 100 bring this year to a beautiful close, just as I may or may not have intended.

How would Y/N react to himself losing his memories? Where does his memories go? As things are thrown into chaos after Y/N's victory and reawakening, the threads of fate begin to untangle themselves.

Chapters 101, 102, 104, and 105 will be some juicy stuff for the start of next year! (Chapter 103 covers some stuff about Schlizirkel and Solace's past)

Y/N POV

My entire battalion surrounded Reid within the circle of circles that Sphinx drew on the floor earlier. Since she used a mana signature that only we can detect, the battalion members knew exactly what to do.

Stepping into their designated positions, the circle shone a white light as they received their buffs. Sphinx stabbed her wand into the circle's edge, and the light shone brighter before forming a barrier around everyone inside. I stepped in at the last moment just in case anything happens, and Omega readied her staff.

"Al Akra, Al Anima." Omega chanted as the battalion members received even more buffs, and the first one to dash towards Reid was Elsa, fitting for her bloodthirstiness. With one swift step, she appeared in front of Reid and slashed upwards, only to be blocked by his chopsticks.

"Oooo. You got speed and power, I'll give you that, girl. Now, can you truly earn 'it'?"

Reid's pure power sent Elsa back, only to be met on the ends of tens of kunai, closing in on him from all directions, thrown by Yae while she looped around him in a circle. He took quick measure to deflect all of them, and Palmyra casted an Earth Barrier to prevent any of the reflected kunais to hit the battalion members. After Reid has finally finished deflecting them, eight white lights shone in a circle above him, and each unleashed a beam of light straight at his head.

"Al Jiwald- Eightfold."

Sphinx's mana capabilities are incredible indeed, but it didn't make Reid move an inch from his spot. Sure, it burned some of his clothes, but its not like he's fazed or anything. Colette, seeing this opportunity as Reid was distracted, threw her strongest punch at Reid's stomach, sending air across the room that even I can feel. The Ryuuhou technique she learned from Gaston was slowly taking its effect, and is even forcing Reid back a little.

Frustrated that the sheer force of the Beast Bracelet's enhancement on Colette's punch is rendering him unable to move, he was forced to take a step back before performing a suplex and slammed Colette down on the ground behind her, but she was quickly healed by Palmyra as the mage summoned poisonous vines that ensnared Reid.

Reid tried to cut the vines, but Capella smirked. Looking further, I realized that the vines have been laced outside and covered inside with diamond, completely immobilizing Reid. Meili took a branch and Capella modified it into a slingshot, and Meili slotted her transformed mabeast onto the slingshot, now a mana-enhanced drill, and shot it straight at Reid's forehead. Since Reid was ensnared by the vines and all he had to do was just to not move outside of the circle, he didn't even resist and took the drill head on.

With the drill now clashing against Reid's forehead, the vines instantly vanished and the force pushing Reid's body upwards disappeared in an instant, catching the Sword Saint unawares as the force of the drill slammed his forehead along with his body and back flat down onto the ground, shocking even my teammates.

"We... did it?"

The answer was obviously not, and Omega knew that as well as I do. Reid did a 90 degree rotation and stood himself back up through the sheer force of his heels, and rubbed his hair before letting out a hearty laugh.