{98}- Electra | The Stick Swinger

Y/N POV

A white expanse filled the entire room.

It was the exact feeling of how Taygeta felt when we first stepped into it.

Such is also the nature of the Second Floor, Electra.

Subaru and the others are already in the room, facing nothing but a single sword embedded into the floor when I arrived. My Battalion members gave me a wave as I arrived, and Subaru waved me over to the sword.

"Should we pull it out?" Subaru asked while he examined the sword. I scrutinized the object as well, trying to scan for any hidden elemental residue beneath the floor, but no mechanism appeared to be under it.

"I guess so. There's not really another way around this place, as far as I can tell." I gave my approval, and Subaru braced himself to use immense strength to pull the 'Sword of Selection' in the floor out, but it requires little to no strength at all, and Subaru landed on his butt as he exerted too much force.

"Well, that was easy." Subaru commented as he rubbed his behind and winced a little, but the time for pain was immediately cut short when a voice ripped through the air. 

"Gain his forgiveness, by the hand of the Fool who has reached the Heavenly Sword."

The voice echoed throughout Electra, and judging from my teammates and the others' reactions, the voice was heard by all, unlike in Taygeta, where only Subaru and I heard it. Following the initial phrase, Subaru and I followed everyone's gazes, and noticed they all converged at a single point. As a result, we instinctively turned our heads towards the point as well.

The place they were all looking at was a point further ahead of the Sword of Selection, at a place that coincidentally equalled the distance between the sword and staircase.

And at that place, the shadowy silhouette of a person had appeared.

"Gain his forgiveness, by the hand of the Fool who has reached the Heavenly Sword."

Unlike the voice of the 'overseer', his voice seems unbelievably monotone, and also more 'real', in a sense. The voice, as if it were an idiot taught to repeat only one sentence, spun the same words again. Whether the voice seemed mechanical, automatic or even instinctual, it could not be determined.

"Gain his forgiveness, by the hand of the Fool who has reached the Heavenly Sword."

The person has finally walked into our vision, and as the fog cleared, a muscular man with long red hair flowing down to his back emerged. He wore not armor, but a casual crimson robe that contributed nothing in protection. From his right side down to his arm, his chest lay exposed, and his waist was bound with a white sash. His left eye was covered by a shoddy black eye-patch. Finally, the right eye that remained uncovered, was a blue reflection of an unreachable sky.

A ferocious aura emanated off him, and I can tell that it's completely dormant, even though it was already a quarter of mine at my prime. Wait... long red hair, isn't he...?

Shaula, who was obviously scared for some reason, let out a 'hiii!' sound and backed away from the man as fast as she could. With that reaction, I confirmed his identity.

"Reid... Astrea..." I muttered under my breath as I stared at the man, who carried no weapon whatsoever, but he was still dangerous by all means.

"Gain his forgiveness, by the hand of the Fool who has reached the Heavenly Sword."

"Hey, Y/N." Subaru nudged my arm. "Doesn't his presence feel as if it's on the same magnitude as the Witches of Sin?"

"I guess it could be compared. But rather than their mysterious presences, he simply radiates sheer power."