{104}- ■■・■■ | Tower of Reasons

For those of you that read the web novel or watch Jakez, you'll know that Sphinx will be doing some absolutely crazy stuff in Arc 7. If you didn't, sorry for spoiling, but if you're here in my story's arc 6, you've probably been spoiled on a lot of things already.

Anyways, all I'm going to say that there will be some changes to my original plan for Arc 7, which wasn't even concrete yet since I did say I'm not even going start thinking about Arc 7 until it officially finishes. So let's focus on Arc 6 for now. Top 10 anime betrayals? Idk. Maybe, just maybe...

I am, always going to stick to my promise of keeping this related to the main storyline. However, I'm just going to say that this change along with what comes after that solidifies the plot of 'my fic'. With the Witch Cult basically gone after Arc 6, the Schlizirkel finally acting radically, and Pyr finally on the move, things will be very, very interesting. 

Y/N POV

"That is that, and this is this."

The famous words that Subaru said to Julius which cleared up the knight's doubts about himself was finally heard by yours truly. Even if I wanted to say that, I couldn't. It wasn't my place to say it, nor did I have the power to say that in the first place. Natsuki Subaru and I have different roles, that's all. And we'll work hard on filling in for the other's shortcomings.

I waited in the library of Taygeta, where everyone started to gather because apparently they had found Reid Astrea's Book of the Dead. As the last ones, that being Subaru and Julius, arrived at the scene, I sat down in the circle we formed around the book. I gave Meili a pat on the head for approval, since she was the one who found the book, after all.

"So, Reid's book...... nobody has seen it yet, right?" Subaru glanced at the book, which has not emitted any sort of aura resembling Reid Astrea in the slightest.

"There's what happened with Barusu. It'd be a disaster if one did something rash and lost memories like Barusu did. That is why, it's been shown to nobody." Ram announced, and Eridna seemed in favour of her point.

"So should we, discuss and conjecture the dangers?" Eridna proposed to the group, and we had no objections in general, so we allowed her to take the stage. "First, the riskiness of the Book of the Dead... just as what Natsuki-kun's present condition indicates, there exists the possibility of losing one's memories. From what Natsuki-kun said, the memories which spill and fall out are rather in fragments...... though I suppose, in this case it would be better to call the remaining memories to be in fragments? The reason for the amnesia is also possible to speculate about. First, memories are erased as indemnification for reading the Book of the Dead. That is difficult to consider, keeping in mind the differences in cases of Natsuki-kun and Julius, who've both read the books."

"Hold up." I held up my hand. If I were to get the original back, I need to find out where he is. Thankfully, I already have. Echidna's Book of Wisdom 2.0 has revealed that piece of crucial information, and the perpetrator of the current event is inside that Book of the Dead.

"But the people who have read the book includes you, Y/N." Eridna clarified. "It would be unwise for you to enter immediately."

"I'm sorry. I'm really sorry. But I have to find out the meaning behind my life and destiny." I apologized to the group, which took them by surprise before they noticed that the Book of the Dead vanished from their sights.

"Did he just-" Ram said furiously before realizing that my battalion has shifted to my side, and all of them were loyal down to their souls. With one slip, my Extension dropped the book into my hand.

"Subaru." I turned to my friend. "I hope you understand, right?"

He shrugged in response, but decided to make a statement. "Fine. But I'm going next. Don't try so hard to play the hero, Y/N!"