{86}- Augria Sand Dunes | Storm of the East

Y/N POV

After a few days of travel, we arrived at the desert city of Mirula. My whole battalion was with me, and along with the merry band of travellers from the Emilia Camp and Anastasia and her knight. Otto and Garfiel stayed behind in the cleanup of the Water Gate City...hm, I wonder what their reaction was when they couldn't find Typhon's arm... hehehehe...

Anyways, the city was actually quite nice, despite the constant blowing of sand into my face. Rem's new wheelchair seemed to be functioning quite well, and I examined its parts beforehand to see if I can add some self-defense mechanisms, but I held myself back on that for now.

The city just beyond the dunes of sand had a better hydration system and food supply thanks to the efforts of our help throughout the 8 months before Arc 5, but it could still use some improvement. Mainly the housing, but unfortunately we don't have time for that.

We're setting off in an hour or so, and it's the second day we arrived here. We gathered information from the surrounding locals, and Subaru reported that a guy from a bar reminded him on the immense number of mabeasts in the current season.

"We have Meili, so it'll probably be fine" is the argument I used to convince everyone. However, fo I have complete confidence in Meili's Divine Protection? No. It's too much of an error to completely rely on something. From the perspective of a scientist, I need to guarantee success and weed out anything that will be an obstacle. There are three main factors. The Sand Time Barrier, the Mabeasts, and Hell's Snipe. Those three deadly obstacles will be impeding our journey, and I need a way to go around them. Also, I need to make sure dies less than the original timeline, our else I will literally be strangled by Satella.

Satella and Envy have not shown up at all for a while since I was pretty far from her Sealing Shrine. However, now that I returned to Lugnica and headed directly towards her seal's direction, it's quite dangerous as she is now able to reach out to my mind.

Lets just hope that Chid-chan's powers keep her away and protect me for now.

I reinforced the wheels of the carriage for it to fit better on our travels. As long as our surface area of our transports are large enough, sinking into the sand won't be that much of an issue.

The ground dragons pulling our carriage seemed to have webbed talons, and I gave Fulgenta some webbing shoes for her to travel quicker. I also made a pair for Patrasche, since Subaru will be riding her alongside Beatrice.

Julius and Meili have been directed to the front lines, along with Halibel and Yae who volunteered to be at our group's front. Zarestia is in the back providing a magic barrier that will protect us from any unexpected attacks, and the rest of my Battalion is staying in my own new and improved steam carriage.

Making sure that everything was ready, I went over to Subaru.

"How's the information gathering?" I said as he took his hood off when he entered my capsule. I turned on the air conditioning and saw Emilia following him in. They took a seat as I took their coats before I washed and rinsed them.

"In short, our trip is very dangerous. According to a local shopkeeper who in my opinion knows a lot, nobody has ever reached the watchtower, much less seen the sage. Also, thank god we have Meili on our side now, or else we'll probably be ripped to shreds around 10 kilometers in."

"Yeah, mabeasts are quite the problem in the sand dunes. I just hope in case Meili gets too exhausted, my magical barriers will hold up. Oh, right, hold up." I said as I raised a hand and opened a tiny compartment in the capsule, before taking something out. "Here are the goggles you requested. They aren't the best, since I'm not exactly an expert at glassware, but they do the job at blocking sand out. Also, here are a few hoods for our mouths and hair that I replicated from the Muslim headscarfs."