{102}- Reintroductions and Revelations | Patching Our Pasts

Y/N POV

Who am I?

No, that question is not quite correct.

It's more like... who was I, here?

Greetings, my name is Y/N L/N.

I've just been transported to Re: Zero, one of the popular light novel series that I see sometimes in Japan. And it seems I was here for a year or so and I just lost my memories??!

This is absurd.

The one in front of me right now is Omega, who is Echidna's current vessel. Strange... I thought they would be in Gusteko, and recruited some Temple Knight or something....

Why is she here? And why is the story already in Arc 6? Isn't this the arc where Subaru dies way too much? WHY AM I SENT TO THIS HELL???!

"Your mind seems to be in quite the state of confusion, huh..." Omega said from my side, as if she was able to read my thoughts. I looked down immediately to my neck where a black pendant hang.

Wait... this necklace...

"We're in a contract already?!" Omega nodded, amused at my astonishment. "Wait... what has my 'past self' been doing?"

"For starters, you contracted yourself to one elder spirit and three great spirits, landed a killing blow to the White Whale, defeated the remnant of the Great Rabbit, drove off the Black Snake's poison from the industrial city Costuul, recruited the Bowel Hunter and her sister onto your side, gathered a whole Battalion of comrades, single-handedly defeated and reformed the Sin Archbishop of Lust, revived the Black Dragon Valgren, obtained five swords of power, got the Admirer to join us, and just not too long ago, you bested Reid Astrea in a duel on Electra."

I did... all of that? "Wait wait wait... that's not possible, surely? I don't even have any powers or anything, and I'm pretty weak physically..."

"I don't know how you got like this in the first place, but 'past-Y/N' was much more confident in everything compared to your current self." Omega replied in earnest, but the words hurt.

How could I find the courage to face this world when my past is just... lost?

"You are, however, more than capable of just protecting yourself and others. After all, you were able to merge with the spirits and also utilize five swords of power at once, not to mention the fact that you have 5 Witch Factors in your body-"

"Y/N!!!!!!!!"

I heard my name being shouted down the hallway, and immediately two girls entered my line of sight: one in almost the exact same attire as Omega while the other donned a very revealing outfit with... is that dragon wings coming out of her back?!

Before I was able to process any further, the two embraced me and locked me in a bone-crushing hug, and I almost suffocated mentally before they let go. "How are you feeling, darling?"

Darling? What the hell-

"Y/N!! I heard you defeated that bad man on Electra not too long ago, right? How did the fight go?"

"Capella, Sphinx..." Omega used her Meteor Staff to shoo the two off my bed. "Unfortunately, I must tell you devastating news. Our dear Y/N here has lost his memory."

"WHAT??!!!!"

Wait, WHAT-

Capella and Sphinx?! As in the Sin Archbishop of Lust and the failed clone of Ryuzu who was a general in the Demi-Human war?

WHAAAAAAT

And why are both of them acting like we were lovers or something? HHHHUUUUHHHH????

Isn't the Capella supposed to be an extremely self-centred and sadistic woman who literally trampled over your entire existence? And where the hell did Sphinx get dug up from? I thought she basically died-