{35}- Onwards | Sphinx

Omega POV, 3rd Person Omniscient

"...I'm against you taking those girls along."

The beautiful, blonde-haired, blue-eyed Witch ― Minerva ― crossed her arms and puffed out her flushed cheeks as she declared that, anger filling her glimmering eyes.

She was sitting on one of the six chairs positioned around the white table. Opposite to her, Echidna let out a choked "Hmm..." in response to her complaint.

She raised her cup of tea off the table and gazed at the hot steam rising up from it,

"I'd like to go and see how much the world has changed in these 400 years. What do you all think about that? I mean, Y/N did agree to take us to a city after he finishes his business, so..." Echidna said, completely ignoring the first remark.

"Now hold on just a minute. Didn't you hear what I said? How can you ignore me so easily! This is unacceptable. Utterly unacceptable!"

Minerva flared up in anger at Echidna as the latter tried to ignore her earlier complaint by changing the subject. With her face still flushed, Minerva grabbed Echidna by the scruff of her neck; however, that only caused her smile to grow deeper.

"I was just joking. It sure would be nice if you didn't fly off the handle so suddenly."

"You goddamn..." The Witch of Wrath raised her fist in anger, but a voice stopped her outburst.

"――You shouldn't always get so riled up Minerva, hhaa."

A languid voice called out to Minerva as she grew angrier and angrier, with her soft eyebrows raised on end. The voice belonged to a woman who was sitting hugging her knees on one of the chairs, submerged in a sea of her own hair.

For better or for worse, that lethargic gaze belonged to Sekhmet.

"Echidna's messing about with you, hhuu. This wouldn't be the first time, hhaa. She's just going to take advantage of you every time you fall for them, hhuu."

"So you're saying I should just let her be? I'm completely against this!"

Minerva bellowed that she wasn't in the wrong with tears in her eyes, before then crouching down where she sat, looking completely at wit's end. Two small hands came from her left and right, patting Minerva on the head.

"I D-Don't, I don't think... M-Minerva-chan... Is in the wrong here, y-you know?"

"I agree, Nerva's not at fault. Dona's the real baddie here. Should I tear her apart?"

The ones who were comforting Minerva from both sides were Carmilla and Typhon.

Unlike Carmilla, there'd been no bluff in the words the young Typhon had spoken. Left unchecked, there was a real chance she'd use her authority on her. Thus, Echidna shrugged her shoulders in apology. If her soul was shattered beyond repair, it would not benefit her contractor as well.

"I really wish you wouldn't do that. Someone as weak as I am wouldn't stand a chance against you all, if you were to turn against me. Besides, considering that I'm the host, you'd all fall together with me if I did. Besides, Y/N would be sad if you guys destroyed me, you know?"

"Don't use Y/N as leverage to justify your actions! He's a nice person, so don't drag him into this!" Minerva said in defence for the boy, who was technically her contractor as well.

"If you're going to use that as a threat Dona-Dona, then isn't it just a little strange that we're all here with you like this~?"

"...You had to go and put me on the spot there." Echidna sighed.