{97}- Sins Across the Passage of Time | Library of the Dead (Part 2)

Y/N POV

This door was interesting.

An ornate design with flowers surrounding it. A few scarfs decorated the frame of the door, but they were... burnt? Not quite sure what that means, but...

This is Carmilla-tan's door.

She's still quite shy whenever we chat, but the stuttering is so cuuuute!

Can't let Chid-chan hear this, though. Not like she can, but just in case.

Smiling as I felt refreshed from my nap, I pushed down the door handle and stepped into world of memories.

***********************************************************************************************

A woman, a sole woman existed.

The woman was a commonplace village girl, one with an ordinary birth and growth. Loved by her parents, loved by her siblings, the woman too loved her family, she was an extremely normal woman.

With a fiancé decided by her household, she shall end her established lifetime in a corner of a poor village, identical to many other village girls. For the woman, that meant life, the paved order of things having no room for doubt.

Such ordinarity of the woman was crushed at the hands of sleazy powerful men who appeared in the village. What made her fit, or was it merely the vice of humans, unknowing of the eventual truth, the woman was coercively desired by the powerful men.

No matter it being a poor village of a small country, there existed a disparity: the impossibility to eliminate the powerful men. The woman was unable to oppose the demand of the powerful men. She had no choice but to yield to the irrationality of fate.

However, the woman was loved. By her family, by her fiancé, by the people of her village.

Braving the oppression of the powerful men, the people's rage flared up, giving birth to flames of war before long.

The fire spread, the residents of the village organised into an army, and at last, the powerful men along with the small castle were scorched to the ground.

In naught but a single evening, the woman's position changed vastly.

A mere ordinary village girl, her fiancé the ringleader of a single group of troops.

The raging of the unremitting blaze, the surrounding ones who regarded that as hazardous turned to their own troops from one to the next.

That proved as being beaten at their own game for those who roused themselves claiming it was all for the sake of the woman.

The fire spread whilst the flames of war coruscated, burning the small country, neighbouring countries, and the great country to nothing before long.

The existence of the woman, who was made to be the origin of it all, was renowned, the people rumoured her to be a beautiful maiden of the heavens.

Illusions piled over illusions, and due to the interest and expectations, the woman's petite body was about to shatter.

Nobody took notice of that. Neither her family, nor her fiancé, nor the people, no one was looking at the woman.

Cheers when she moved a hand, stampedes when she walked a street, tears of joy when she spoke a word, were all turned towards the woman.

"This, is...... strange. Y-You're, wro...... ng......"

Shrouding her face, she denied. That this wasn't possible, that this wasn't supposed to be.

Her self was a mere village girl, neither a beauty of the heavens nor a charming siren, but a single meagre village girl.