{24}- Loop Recount | Witches' Tea Party

The day after the initial training, I met up with Subaru and the others as we discussed plans. Subaru apparently seemed shaken about something, but I was confused since I thought it was not time for him to meet with Roswaal yet, so I don't get what he was so afraid about.

Well... I left him to his own devices as I circled around the village to find Bilma, who welcomed me as we discussed for the sanctuary's future.

According to Ryuzu Bilma, who I personally trust more than the other clones due to her close relationship to Subaru, Arma and Delma were in favour of liberating the Sanctuary, just like her. However, Shima, who was demoted to a white robe, was against the liberation due to the fact that Garfiel did not want it.

I sighed as I prepared the next steps for Shima, since she needed someone to take care of her, and I volunteered to take that role. I strode down the village to find Shima, who waited for me as I saw the young clone and went over to her.

"You're so caring, Y/N-bo." Shima said as she took the supplies she needed, and I sat down next to her as she sighed again.

"You know the cause, right?"

"Huh? The cause? What do you mean?"

"The cause of my illness. After saving Young Garf from the Trial 10 years ago, I was affected by some unknown force and lost my black robe, so I was demoted. You know what caused it, don't you?"

"Yes. But why would you assume that I know?"

"You has an audience with the Witch of Greed, one who possesses a vast amount of knowledge. Seeing how she chose you as her apostle, she must've told you some things."

"Ya, but how does that-"

"I will not dislike you even if you decide not to tell me, Y/N-bo. You've helped me much in the last few days, and that's enough."

After that, Shima walked away as I pondered about her words, before I ran to a hidden spot, and surrounded myself in a diamond dome before muttering the words that opened the gateway, and I fell asleep before waking in the Castle of Dreams.

"Oya? You came early today, considering that it wasn't the afternoon yet." Echidna said as she helped me up from the ground, and I noticed something strange.

"You usually don't stand when I enter, you know? What happened today?"

"Well, I suppose you aren't up to date with all the events that transpired, are you?"

"Wait, what do you mean?" I said before I suddenly knew the answer myself, and noticed why it felt strange in the past few days. There was no past few days. It was the same to days and nights, repeating over and over.

"You're right. Y/N, it seems like your ability to sense the other boy's ability usage has come to a stop. It seems that Satella has removed that authority in you."

"Eh? Then how am I supposed know whenever Subaru returns by death?! This is a huge crisis!"

"Y/N, did you forget about me, now?"

"Eh? You can actually help me with that issue?"

"Did you forget what this place is? The castle of dreams is a space that transcends time itself, it is simply not an issue to be concerned about-"

"Thanks, Chid-chan! You're a lifesaver!" I said as my body unconsciously moved, and I hugged Echidna out of the blue.

"...I didn't expect you to be this intimate, you know."

"Ah...haha, it was just because of a surge of happiness!" I replied, trying to cover up the fact that I just hugged her. "Anyways, how do you help me remember?"