{92}- Untameable Beast | King of the Sand Sea

Y/N POV

"I think this works. How much longer do you think I need to continue doing this set, Kurgan?"

"At least 50 more times. I trained in my quadra wielding for more than a decade to reach this point. For you to be even a little skilled is quite the achievement."

I was currently in the Domain of the Dead, the Necropolis where the Council of Wisdom resided.

"Well five swords isn't exactly as easy as four, you know." I sighed.

"You should've spared more time in training in your quadra wielding. You jumped too quickly, Y/N." Kurgan observed.

"But not using the Cursed Sword when I got it will make it quite angry, considering that it was once my predecessor's weapon."

"You actually speak as if those weapons have feelings, huh? I've never thought about it in that perspective. It's really interesting, you know?"

"The Dragon Sword barely gave any signs of sentience during my time of wielding it." Theresia walked over before taking a seat on the grass, where flowers bloomed instantly. "And even then, I thought it was purely a sign from the Sword God that I was doing well."

"Maybe you were too focused on the skills rather than the weapon itself?" I wondered aloud. "I'm not saying skills aren't important, but unlocking the true potential of a weapon, especially when it's of legendary origins, could prove to be a feat of its own."

"Kurgan is right when he said your views are unique. I indeed have never thought of it that way. But it's too late, alas, since the Dragon Sword is my grandson's possession."

We all took a moment for Theresia to let her breaths out. Kurgan and Stride ha both been briefed on the situation with the Astrea family. Out of respect for me, they both agreed to let her have her moments. They may be mortal enemies when alive, but as simple souls who shared a single realm, they depended on each other, and had to respect each other's views to a certain extent.

"Speaking of which, aside from the topic regarding swords, have any of you been to the Augria Sand Dunes?"

"I personally have never been to the desert in the east." Kurgan was the first to reply. "I have heard that some strong warriors of Vollachia once set out towards the dunes to test their skills against the foul beasts, but I never exactly heard of any results of those battles..."

"The Kingdom once had a mabeast infestation issue, so they asked me to scout the area surrounding the dunes in case if the mabeasts were indeed coming from there. They weren't, so I left shortly after to check the other possible locations.

"Pandora once mentioned the dunes once for some kind of project, but she gave up on the idea. I didn't hear much about it since I didn't exactly stay in the cult for too long, so I don't know what transpired afterwards, and after my death." Stride chimed in, striding over the fields of flowers to approach us. Melinda trailed behind him, remaining silent true to her nature.

While on the topic of Melinda, I heard she was the last survivor of the Evil Eye Tribe, who were all wiped out by the Vollachian army for the threat they possessed years ago. There's some secret there I have to figure out in the future in order to advance further, I'm sure of it. But for now, there's no need to pry.

A tug suddenly appeared in the back of my throat and I coughed a little. "Sorry, all of you. It seems my time here is up and I have to return to the living world."

"Just be sure to practice more, kid. There's nothing that can't be achieved through practice, just like how there's nothing to be achieved through raw talent and ability. Just look at me, for example. Why do you think I only used 4 swords instead of 6 or 8?"