11

That afternoon at music class I'm more nervous than usual. Everything is arranged: the music teacher is back and Zayn texts me when he is there. Until then I have to survive for a while; music lesson is terrible. Not because I don't like music, but because I can't. That has been told vaguely enough by the whole class.

I just stare out the window, waiting for a text message. "Okay guys, today will be a quiet lesson." Says my music teacher, Mr. Sting. "We're going to listen to music and watch clips. Try to feel the music. That's your assignment." The class begins to cheer. "Good." Begins Mr. Sting as he starts up youtube. "Who knows anything?" Immediately Emma's hand goes up, it makes me sick. "Emma?" I sigh. "Midnight Memories of One Direction!" Tara starts to scream. I do my best to hold back my laughter. "We're going to see them live!" Gilt Tara. "Yes, but unfortunately not for a year or so." I bite my lip to keep from laughing. They will see it live sooner than they think...

The music lesson is slowly passing. I watch the clips a bit and listen to the music. Everything comes along: from one direction to nirvana.

I snap out of my thoughts as my cell phone vibrates in my pocket. I unobtrusively take it out of my pocket and read my WhatsApp message:

Zayn Malik: Are there many people in the auditorium? No time for crowds!

Yes! I decide to take a look. I raise my hand. "Can I go to the bathroom for a minute?" I ask, in a loud voice for the first time in a long time. Mr. Sting nods and I walk out of the room. The auditorium is extinct except for one ibn'er.

I text Zayn that he can come and less than two minutes later he is in front of me. We walk towards the room. "Stay out of this, I beckon you, okay?"

"Are you really going to do that to me? Someone's coming over in a minute."

"Then just give me a heads up." Zayn raises his thumb. I walk in as casually as possible, towards the teacher. "He's here..." I whisper. I feel the nerves take over my body. Mr. Sting puts the music on pause. "Guys, Juul has something to say." I see all eyes turn to me. I feel them burning; especially Emma's. "Um..." I take a deep breath. "I'm leaving." Immediately I hear a deafening "YES!" From Emma. I ignore it and continue. "For a year, sort of break from school."

"Why would you take a break from school? Where are you going?" Tara snaps. "Around the world." I answer calmly. "What the fuck? With whom? Why?" dianna. "On tour, with my brother's band." I can already see Dianne's mouth falling open a bit, she has probably already made the link. Emma insists: "And who may not be your brother?" Now I'm going to get her. Now I would finally leave Emma speechless. "Zayn." I say. "Zayn Malik."

**

518 words

Don't forget to vote