100

"They're good aren't they?" Niall's voice brings me back to where I am now. "Who?" I ask absently. Niall laughs. "5 seconds of summer... Where are you with your thoughts?" he laughs. I shrug. "By daddy..." I answer softly.

"They would do long way home, wouldn't they?" Louis joins us. "The set is almost over and they haven't done the song yet." Niall shrugs. "Maybe they don't dare anymore." he laughs. Louis and Niall continue the conversation about the guts of 5 seconds of summer. I only half listen; I'm busy with other things.

I stare at the ground and sink back into my thoughts about Dad. How does he manage it? I always thought Mama was mad at him. Zayn had always been angry, too, he'd said so himself. And I? I've forgiven him, I think.

"Julian?" I get a tap on my shoulder, knocking me out of my mind. I look up. Zayn stands in front of me, the music has stopped.

"Ashton needs you." He points to the stage, where Ashton is waiting for me. I look at him surprised. "But..."

"No buts, hurry up!" Zayn pushes me towards the podium. Uncertain, I walk to Ashton, who is waiting for me at the edge. I get a headset from the backstage people.

Ashton holds out his hand to me. I take it hesitantly. "Trust me." Ashton says softly. I take a deep breath and nod.

Ashton takes me to the end of the stage by my hand. Everyone starts to scream. I take a breath. "Guys, shhhh." the fans get quieter. I look at Ashton gratefully.

Michael takes Ashton's microphone and points it at his mouth, leaving both hands free. "Thanks lad." Thanks Ashton him. He sounds nervous. "What are you going to do?" I whisper softly. Ashton leans toward me. "Don't worry, it's not a marriage proposal." He has a kiss on my cheek.

"Dear Julie." Ashton drops to his knees. The hall, or rather the arena, full of orange people, fills with 'awh'. What is he up to?

"Calm down, again, this is not a proposal!" laughs Ashton. I see flashes on all sides.

"Dear Juul. We have been together for three quarters of a year now. We have been together for a little over six months and have been through a lot. We had our ups and downs." I hear Ashton's voice trembling, he is that nervous. "Europe is the last part of the tour. Despite the fact that I've seen you every day for a year. That we've been together twenty-four seven, I'm not tired of you yet. I won't think about you to miss..." I feel my eyes sting. I see that Ashton's eyes are shining too.

"That's why I was wondering...Would you like to come live in LA with the lads and me? School can take care of everything! And you can take your family..." I drop to my knees and fall around his neck causing him to stop talking. I press my lips against his for a second.

"Yes!" I call. "Of course I want that! Nothing better!" The hall is again filled with 'awh', followed by clapping and cheering. Ashton wipes a tear from his cheek.

"Everything will get better. No more pain. This is not the end, just a new beginning!" He takes my hands. "I love you." he whispers. "I love you too." I whisper back.

568 words

Don't forget to vote