96

"I hope we can see the canals. They seem to be so beautiful! I have seen pictures." I feel a gust of cold wind pass my body and crawl deeper into Ashton's vest. Ashton notices and puts an arm around me. "Do you know how we get there?" I ask Ashton, who laughs. "No, I've never been here before." He replies. He looks around.

"But there are plenty of people we can ask." He adds. I shrug my shoulders. "Shall I ask?" Laughs Ashton, who clearly sees that I neither want nor dare to ask. I nod in relief.

Ashton lets go of me and walks over to a woman, who is sitting on a bench a little way away. She's busy on her phone.

I see Ashton talking to her, but they are too far away to hear what they are saying. The woman starts pointing. As far as I understand it, we have to go right and then left. Ashton nods and thanks the woman kindly. Then he comes back and grabs my hand. "I know how to walk!" Shouts Ashton cheerfully. I grin. "I hope so." Ashton grins too.

"Ash! I see the canals, I think!" I point ahead, where I think I see a canal. "Let's walk on, then." Ashton walks on, but I stop him. "Stay put!" I command. Ashton continues to stand questioningly. "You look cute in your winter coat." I take my mobile out of my pocket. Ashton smiles. "And you look cuddly in my way too big vest." I grin. I start up my camera. "I want a picture of you!" I exclaim cheerfully. "Do you have to?" Sighs Ashton. I laugh. "Yes, laugh!" Ashton gives me a smile and I take a picture. "Photomodel! This one will be on your instagram!" I put my mobile back in my pocket. Ashton walks up to me and lifts me up. He walksy, with me in his arms, towards the canals. "Don't you dare, Malik. Otherwise I'll throw you in the canal!" He walks a little closer to the canal, when he lets go of me I fall in. "No, please! Sorry! Mercy!" I beg. Ashton puts me back on the ground, laughing. I give him a push, laughing.

Ashton takes my hand again and together we walk along the canal. "How the hell, did you ever pick me? Honestly, because I can sing you a song." Ashton suddenly sings. I recognise the song; James Dean & Audrey Hepburn from Sleeping with Sirens. "But don't think words, can express your beauty." Ashton turns his head to me and looks at me, continuing to walk. "It's singing to me. How the hell, did we end up like this?" I sing, in turn. We have almost reached a bridge by now. "You bring out the beast in me." I grin as I sing it. "I fell in love, for the moment we..." Ashton gives me a kiss at the moment he actually wants to sing Kissed. "Since then we've been history." I sing softly.

By now we're walking across the bridge. Ashton stops walking in the middle of the bridge. We stand at the edge and the water shimmers. Ashton takes my other hand as well. "They say that love is forever, your forever us all that I need." Sings Ashton sweetly. I smile. "Please stay, as long as you need." I finish his sentence. He smiles. "Can't promise that things won't be broken, but I swear I will never leave." I sing, softer than before. Ashton comes closer. His lips are a few inches from mine. "Please stau, forever with me." He whispers. Then he presses his lips to mine. "I will." I murmur against his lips. "I love you." Mutters Ashton back. Then he kisses me.

635 words

Don't forget to vote