89

Harry stands there in disbelief for a while, probably wondering what just happened. His gaze shoots from Mayke to me and Luke. Then he looks at the open door. He clears his throat and blinks a few times.

"The rest of us need to hear this!" He yells out of the blue, running away. "No, Harry don't..." It's no use anyway; he's already gone.

"Leave him be, our main concern is Mayke..." Luke looks worriedly at Mayke, who is still sitting the same way she was ten minutes ago. Slowly we walk towards her. Luke sits down on his crouch in front of her. I stay standing.

"Mayke?" No response. "Mayke? Do you hear me?" Again Mayke doesn't respond. Luke looks up, at me. "She's not responding." He says. "Joh, Luke, I can see that myself." I reply sarcastically. Luke turns to Make again. "He taps her gently. "Mayke? Hey?" Mayke still doesn't respond, which worries me. Luke taps her again. I sigh deeply when she still sits the same. "What now?" Luke asks me. "I don't know..." I reply bluntly. Luke sighs too. "You're no use to me either." He answers irritated.

Luke claps his hands in front of Mayke's face. "Mayke!" He claps again. "Yeah, that helps..." I say sarcastically. "I'm doing my best! Can I help it if Mayke doesn't react to it!"shouts Luke, now angry. "Sorry..." Mutters I. "I'm just stressed..." I bite my lip.

"Mayke, please. It's me, Luke. Will you please respond?" I hear the fear and tremors in his voice, making me regret my blunt responses. "Please..." Luke grabs Mayke's hands, which are still on her ears, and removes them. Miraculously, Mayke lifts her head.

"Mayke..." Luke almost whispers. Mayke looks at him, but says nothing. Luke looks at me. "I think we should call a doctor..." He says. I bite my lip. "Maybe... See if she can walk?" It sounds so stupid, it's so weird what's happening. Why doesn't Mayke react to anything anymore? Could she have closed herself off because she was scared? I don't know, I don't know it all anymore.

Luke takes Mayke's hands and stands up. "Come, we'll walk to your bed." He says to her. He tries to help her up. "Come on, you can do it." Luke smiles encouragingly at her. I can see that the situation is hurting him. He helps her up again, Mayke pretty much going along this time. Luke hooks his arm into hers. "Come." He guides her to her bed, Mayke walks along, not reacting to it further. When they reach her bed, she slowly sits down.

"What now?" I ask. Luke bites down on his piercing. "I think we should call a doctor..." He says again. I nod. "I'll call, I'll stay with her..." Says Luke, grabbing his mobile. He pulls Mayke against him, as if they still have something. "Can't I stay?" I ask indignantly. "Uhm... Yes... But Ashton..." Shit! Ashton! I had completely forgotten what I was arguing with Ashton because of this. "But what about Mayke?" I ask. "I'll stay with her, she'll be fine. Don't worry, okay?" I think, but then nod slowly. "Okay..." I want to walk away, to Ashton, but at the door I stop I turn around. "Am I a bad friend if I walk away now?" I ask Luke. He shakes his head. "Mayke would understand, Ashton is your friend. You love him so much, everyone knows that . Go to him..." Luke smiles at me. I turn red. "Okay..." I say softly. "Thank you Luke..." I say after. Then I walk away.

605 words

Don't forget to vote