90

I knock on his hotel room door. I take a deep breath. You can do this Juul, you can do this. He's your friend but, don't worry...

I take a deep breath. The door opens. When Ashton says it's me, his face contorts and he walks into the room.

"Ashton..." I say softly. Ashton doesn't respond. Will Harry have told him already?

"Ash, I'm sorry, but I really didn't have time for a discussion..." Ashton looks at me angrily. "Then what were you so busy with?" He snarls. It startles me; I've never heard Ashton snarl before. We've never had an argument.

"With Mayke and Wienowa..." I take a deep breath. Ashton looks at me not understanding. "I went to get Mayke, but when I got there I heard Wienowa. She threatened Mayke with a knife and I panicked. Then I bumped into Luke and you came. You know the rest..." I rattle on and on. Ashton starts laughing. I look at him, not understanding. "Why are you laughing?" I ask, a little irritated. "I thought, because you spoke so quickly, that you said Mayke was threatened by Wienowa." He laughs. I look at him with raised eyebrows. "That's what I said." Ashton stops laughing at once. "Oh..." He is silent for a moment.

"Seriously?" He asks startled. I nod. "I thought Harry already told you, at least he wanted to... Ashton thinks for a moment. "Today I heard someone running and Harry's voice shouting, "YOUNG, YOUNG!" Urgh... Harry is such an attention seeker at times. I nod in annoyance.

"Sheesh... Why?" He asks. "Mayke would have passed on something again, but I don't think she had anything to do with it..." I answer. Mayke is a smart girl, she really won't let it happen a second time. "How is Mayke now?" Ashton asks with concern. "She hardly reacted to anything, like she shut herself off from the world. Luke is with her and calling a doctor..." I reply. Ashton doesn't respond, he seems to be preoccupied with his thoughts.

"Ash?" I wave my hand in front of his eyes. He seems startled by it. "What are you thinking about?" I ask. Ashton shrugs. "That was nothing..." Sighs I. "We're just friends. How many times do I have to say that?" I take his hands. "Do you believe me?" Ashton bites his lip, but then nods slowly. "Yes, I believe you..." Ashton presses his lips to mine and gives me a quick kiss. "I trust you..." He whispers, holding his nose against mine and looking at me. I smile.

Ashton sits down against the wall. I snuggle against him. "In two weeks, it'll be Christmas already..." I mumble. "Then I won't see you for a week..." Ashton nods. "I'm going to miss you..." Says he softly. "I you too..." I reply. We continue to sit against each other for a while.

"Do you know what I like most about you? If I have to choose..." Says Ashton suddenly after a while. I look at him questioningly. "That you always try to be nice to everyone, but can sometimes be sharp..." He says softly. I laugh. "You should have heard me to Luke. I drove him crazy..." I laugh. Ashton laughs too. "I like your laugh the best... Or no... Your sweet personality, and your sensitivity. But I find your laugh so cute..." I say to him. Ashton gets a smile on his face. The smile I always fall in love with. "Yes, that smile..." I say softly.

"I know you don't like it, but I need to call Luke. About Mayke..." I grab my mobile. Ashton nods. "Go ahead. Luke is my best friend, he's not an enemy..." He laughs. I laugh too and click Luke in my contact list. the phone rings five times.

"With Luke?" I sigh in relief when he answers. "It's Juul. How's Mayke?" I ask, a little anxious. "She reacted a bit to the doctor again. Short and anxious, but kind of.... She's sleeping now. I'm still with her." I sigh again. "Thankfully... Glad to hear it!" I reply.

"And... With Ash and you?" Luke asks cautiously. I look next to me at Ashton, who is on his twitter. "Super. All is well again!" I hear Luke sigh as well. "Thank goodness. Have fun together." I'm sure Luke is grinning now. "You good luck." I hang up. Ashton looks at me expectantly.

"She's doing a little better..." I reply. "And with Wienowa?" Ashton asks. "I'll leave her alone for a while, I think that's better." I answer. Then I lie down in Ashton's arms again. "What a fuss..." Mutters I. "Tell me about it..." Ashton replies. 

784 words

Don't forget to vote