74

"Mayke's gone!" As soon as I open the hotel room, Calum walks in upset. Zayn and Niall look at him in surprise. I feel a slight panic bubbling up.

It's been three quarters of an hour since Calum and Mayke went to see Luke. The boys have come home. They hadn't actually drunk as much as I expected.

"What, since when?" I ask startled, as I walk in gesticulating wildly. "What's wrong?" Zayn asks, looking at us. "Mayke's gone! We need to look for her!" I say, more to Calum than to Zayn. Zayn and Niall don't understand anyway...

"Let's do that!" We're almost gone when Zayn calls us back. "Wait! You guys want to go find a girl in a really big city? In the middle of China at a quarter past eleven in the evening?" Zayn asks. Niall shakes his head. "We'll be back in time..." I'm gone before I can hear Zayn's reply. After all, Zayn is usually right, I don't want to hear that....

"Split? Then we might find her faster!" Calum asks, as he continues to press the lift button. I nod, even though I'm secretly scared. It's such a big city... Calum nods. "I hope we find her... Luke was quite upset, she probably was too..." His voice shakes. "We're going to find her, Cal..." I put my hand on his shoulder. "I'm sure of it."

The street is still quite busy, despite it being half past eleven. My phone has rung fifty times, I think it's Ashton and Zayn... Deep in thought I walk down the street, thinking about where Mayke might be.

I am so deep in thought that I bump into something. I lose my balance and land with my body on the cold, hard street. "Oh! I'm sorry!" I hear a man's voice say. For the first time, no Chinese. He holds out his hand. When I look up, I see that it is not Chinese, but someone from the West. He looks very familiar..." No, I wasn't paying attention, sorry..." I take his hand. He helps me up. The man looks at me. Somehow it doesn't scare me. Like I know him. "Juul? I had seen you in a magazine the other day, along with Zayn! I wouldn't have recognised you otherwise! God girl, how big you've grown!" I look at the man questioningly. I take a good look at him again, his hair, his clothes and his eyes. His eyes are shining, they remind me of Zayn's. "Do I know you?" I ask. The man nods violently. "Don't you know me anymore girl then? It must be because of my different look! It's me, daddy..."

*Mayke*

"Mayke?" A familiar shadow runs towards me. "Mayke!" The phantom is now standing right in front of me. The alley we're in is poorly lit, I have to do my best to see who it is; Calum....

"Mayke?! Put that away!" Calum knocks the pouch out of my hands. The powder scatters across the ground. "Damn it Calum! Don't you know how much it costs?" I hiss. Calum sits down on his crouch in front of me. "Don't you know how much a life costs? It's priceless! And with that cocaine you ruin everything!" Calum protests. I look at him angrily. "You don't know what it is!" I shout angrily. "I want to help you Mayke! Then understand that!" I stand up angrily Calum too.

"YOU CAN'T HELP ME!" Shout I angrily. I want to run away but he stops me. "LUKE NEVER WANTS TO SEE ME! You won't either!" I shout upset. "Did he break up with you?" Calum asks. I shrug. "He wanted to think for a while..."

"And because he wants to, you're going to use? Surely it's only natural that he wants a break..." Asks Calum. I look at him angrily. "You don't understand anything! Everyone hates me now!" I shout. "If I hated you, why would I be looking for you?" Calum asks. He raises his voice. "Maybe because you don't want this on your conscience!" I scream. Calum takes my hands.

"Jeez Mayke..." He mumbles. I look at him questioningly. "Don't you get it? We care about you! Every person makes mistakes, including you. The press forced you too! We're here for you Mayke, don't destroy yourself..." I feel the tears running down my cheeks. I break, I break like a glass that you drop on the ground. I start to cry hard. I fall into Calum's arms, Calum hugs me tightly and strokes my back. "It will be alright, Mayke... Please no more drugs..." Whispers Calum, "Okay..." I say, not knowing if I can live up to that. 

789 words

Don't forget to vote