24

"Where were you? It's fucking a quarter to twelve?" Zayn asks concerned as I walk in. He's alone, all the boys are gone. "Is Niall gone?" I ask. "Hello?! I'm asking you what?"

"In Central Park." I reply irritated, kicking off my shoes. "Central Park? Overnight?" Zayn stares at me with open eyes. "Yeah, in Central Park. It's so beautiful there. Especially with all those lights and..."

"You don't know how dangerous that is?!" exclaims Zayn. "Zayn, do be quieter. You're waking up the whole hotel."

At that moment, the bathroom door swings open. I'm scared to death and let out a scream. "Oh, hi Juul... sorry I didn't mean to scare you later." Niall walks out of the bathroom wearing only sweatpants. "Do you think that's scary? And walking in Central Park at night alone is okay?"

"I wasn't alone!" I protest. It stays quiet for a while. Zayn's gaze softens. Niall looks at us questioningly. "With whom?" Zayn asks. "Who what?" Niall asks curiously. "Central Park." I answer.

"Ooh with who?" Niall asks in a teasing tone. "Yes, I want to know that too." Zayn completes it. "With Ashton." I mumble.

Zayn's concerned look gives way to something else: a grin. "Wow, romantic!" He teases. "If you're going to start like that, I'd rather have the grumpy Zayn." I sigh. "I'm not grumpy, just worried... you're my little sister." Answer Zayn. He sounds genuine. "I'm almost seventeen, Zayn." I hold on tight. "Yet you are my little sister. Mom made me look after you, and I do. I was just worried."

"How cute! Brother sister love!" Niall suddenly comes in between. I smile. "Niall you're ruining the 'moment'." Zayn laughs. Niall purses his lips and makes a "lock on my mouth" gesture.

"But why is it suddenly less bad because Ashton was with us?" I ask as I sit on the bed. "Then you're not alone... and I think Ashton is nice." Zayn grins again. "And a little love in your life can make you..."

"Zayn... spare me this bullshit, please." I interrupt him laughing. Niall laughs along. "Sorry, I'd keep my mouth shut but..." Niall laughs. "Well, you've been so quiet for two minutes that I forgot about you for a moment." I clap my hands. Niall smiles proudly.

I get up. "I'm going to get ready for the date with my bed. I'm devastated." I walk to the bathroom. Zayn and Niall are ready, I guess. I've seen Zayn in his boxers before, but Niall without a shirt is new. Not that I mind. Niall doesn't have a belly, but a six pack. Despite all that food.

"Good night." I feel myself turn red and quickly run into the bathroom. "Sleep well." Zayn and Niall shout at the same time.

470 words

Don't forget to vote