91

"Juul?" His familiar voice calls to me, but I don't see him anywhere. All I see are dark trees, blocking the light in the area. "Juul?" He calls to me again, a little more anxiously this time. I begin to walk between the trees. "Juul? Help!" I start to walk faster. "Ashton? Where are you?" I ask in a panic. No more answer. "Ashton?" I call out. "Ashton?" I hear nothing more... I drop to my knees and start crying.

"Juul?" I am startled out of my thoughts by Ashton's voice. This time he is really standing in front of me. "What's on your mind?" He laughs. I shrug, determined not to tell him about the dream that's been preoccupying me for a fortnight, that I've had more often these weeks.

"I have to go like this..." Ashton sighs, looking back, at the plane.

The two weeks have flown by. In tomorrow, it will already be Christmas. Despite everything, I'm looking forward to it. The first day of Christmas is just the three of us, Zayn, Mum and me. The second Christmas we celebrate with the boys, Perrie and Wienowa. After all that, we decided to draw lots. I wonder who has got me...

"I'm going to miss you." I say softly. I put my arms around Ashton. "I miss you too." He whispers back. "Luckily, I'll see you in a week or so." He reassures. He gently pushes me away from him and presses kisses on my forehead, nose and then on my mouth.

Ugh... I hate saying goodbye, Zayn has always been better at it than me. The boys had already said goodbye to each other at the airport, but I insisted on walking with them to the plane...

"I'm going to say goodbye to the rest of them," I say. I walk to Michael, who is standing behind Ashton. I give him a hug. "Merry Christmas." I say. Michael hugs me back. "Your hair matched the Christmas spirit." I let go of him and run my hand through his red hair. Michael laughs. "See you later alligator. I'm getting on the plane, I'm cold..." He smiles at me and then goes up the stairs, into the plane.

I walk over to Calum, Luke and Mayke, who are talking to each other. Or yes; Calum and Luke are talking, Mayke doesn't say anything.

This is how it has been for the past two weeks; Mayke hid in her room. She was afraid of everything and didn't talk to anyone, except Luke and Calum and occasionally to me. If you touch her, she panics. I was worried about her.

"Merry Christmas Lukey Pukey " I wrap my arms around Luke and hug him tightly. Since things have worked out with Ashton, he is thankfully less jealous. "Merry Christmas Juulie Puulie! I laugh. Then I let go of him. "And of course you too Cal Pal!" Calum puts his arms around me and lifts me up. I start to scream. "I'm going to miss you!" he shouts. Then he puts me down. "I you too Cal! I say laughing.

I take a deep breath and stand in front of Mayke. I'm not sure what to do or say, afraid she'll panic. I don't want to scare her.

"Merry Christmas Mayke." I say softly. I smile at her. Mayke smiles back and comes a little closer. She gently wraps her arms around me and hugs me.

I put my arms around her too. I feel that it frightens her, but she lets it go. "Bye, Juul..." She smiles at me Then she puts her foot on the stairs "See you next week." I say. "Bye..." She walks up the stairs, Calum follows her.

"I but worried about her." I whisper to Luke when they are on the plane." Me too." He replies. "But I can't keep an eye on her, she's not with us for Christmas..." I nod understandingly. "Will you keep an eye on Wienowa?" Luke asks in a trembling voice. I nod. "Will do." I answer.

I am tapped on my shoulder. When I turn around, Ashton is standing in front of me. "I'll leave you two alone for a while." Grins Luke. He goes up the stairs, into the plane.

"Give my regards to your mum, Harry and Lauren." I say to Ashton. Ashton nods. He puts his arms around my neck. I don't hesitate and press my lips on his. I kiss him, he kisses me back. Every time I'm with Ashton, I feel happy. As if I am cut off from all negativity.

"Hey, uhm... I'm sorry Ash, but we have to go. It's still a long flight." Looking up I see Michael standing in the opening of the plane. He's shivering, probably from the cold. "I'm coming!" Ashton shouts back. He gives me another kiss on the cheek and then puts his foot on the stairs. "I love you, Juul..." He says. "I love you too." I reply. Ashton walks upstairs. He stays standing in the opening, while people remove the stairs. "Hopefully I'll celebrate Christmas with you next year." Then he disappears into the plane.

862 words

Don't forget to vote