13

It's Tuesday night, I'm watching TV, everyone's acting normal... but still it's not normal. It's not a normal Tuesday night; it's the night before the tour. Tonight, at one o'clock, Zayn and I are in the car on our way to the airport. And at five o'clock we are on our way to New York; a long trip. I have to admit I'm quite nervous, even if I don't show it. I've already checked my stuff 500 times, but I'm still afraid I forgot something.

I look at Zayn, who is quietly sitting on the couch watching some stunt show. My mother is sitting next to me with one arm around me. She looks at the stunts on TV with a disapproving look, but doesn't say anything about it.

The past week has gone quickly. At school it was a bit more tolerable, some people were even nice!

Emma and Tara left me alone except for a few jealous and withering looks.

There was a lot of staring at me, and now and then someone would come up to me and ask if it was really so; if Zayn is really my brother. The news spread quickly. Most of the time I thought it was funny, but occasionally it scared me. If it spread so quickly in school, what about the world? What if I was spotted with Zayn?

These are all questions that have been running through my head for the past week. And of course the question: who exactly am I going on tour with? I'm so curious about the boys, if they'll be nice to me.

I'm blown out of my mind by Zayn, who stands up. "I am going to bed." I look at the clock: it's 9.30 am. "But we have to get up in two and a half hours?" I ask. "Every hour of sleep is an hour of sleep. You'll find out." I look at Zayn questioningly. What a philosophy. I decide to just stay up, I can't sleep anyway. "Shouldn't you go to sleep too?" My mom quickly turns off the stunt show. "Why? AT 12 o'clock I have to get up again to check everything and stuff." I answer. "Because Zayn is right; sleep is sleep." I sigh. My mother sighs too. "then not." She shrugs.

It's weird. It's weird to think that I wanted to sleep every day; away from everything. And now, now I want to stay awake.

**

421 words

Don't forget to vote

Already 50+ eyes thank you