45

In the bus, on the way to Alice Springs. I listen to music while looking out of the window. The last time I looked, Calum and Ashton were dancing on the tour bus, Luke and Michael were busy talking to Mayke, Harry, Louis, Niall and Zayn were playing cards, and Liam and Wienowa... Well... They were stuck together.

The song on Itube jumps over. I hear a familiar voice through my ears. "Hello, we are 5 seconds of summer... We're gonna play Voodoo Doll." Michael's voice...

It might be quite embarrassing that I occasionally listen to the band my friend plays in. But they're actually pretty good. And I really like the song that's on now, the acoustic version of Voodoo Doll...

I unlock my phone and look at the video. My gaze soon falls on Ashton, who is concentrating on his... Tja... What is it actually... Drumbox is playing... I feel tingles in my stomach.

My left ear is pulled out of my ear. I look to my left, there is Ashton. I quickly lock my phone.

"What are you listening to?" Ashton plops down next to me more. He wants to put the earpiece in, but I try to pull it out of his hands. "Well..." Whines Ashton. He holds the earpiece tightly.

"What is it?" Louis, who is sitting in front of us, turns around. "I mg not hear what she's listening to..." Ashton pulls on the earpiece again, but I hold it firmly. "Secretly she's listening to Justin Bieber or something..." Harry interjects. "Or One Direction..." Laughs Louis. "No..." I reply.

Ashton unexpectedly pulls hard on the earpiece, which slips out of my hands. "I win!" Ashton puts the earpiece in. there is silence for a moment. Then Ashton looks at me. He has a grin on his face. Voodoo Doll continues to play happily in the meantime; we've reached the end of the second verse.

"Good band..." Grins Ashton. "Good drums too..." I laugh. I want to tell him not to be so self-righteous, but instead I play along. "I agree."

"What's this song called?" I notice Ashton slapping his hands on his knees in time with the beat of the drum. It looks cute. "Voodoo Doll." I reply. Ashton nods seriously.

"Do you have a favourite? From the band?" I can see from his face that he has to suppress a grin. "Hmm... I think the bass player..." I reply, trying my best to hold back my laughter. Ashton pulls a pout. "Can I see what they look like?" He asks. I unlock my phone and watch the video, along with Ashton. "No, wait." I point to Ashton on the video. "I like the drummer better anyway... Look at those arms... He's so handsome..." I sigh. "I wish he was my boyfriend." I continue. I hear Ashton gasp, but he recovers quickly. "You know what I would like?" I look at Ashton. He looks straight at me. His beautiful eyes seem to pierce me. "Well?" He asks curiously. "I wish I could kiss that drummer..." I say to him. "Everything can be arranged..." Ashton comes closer. He plants his lips on mine. He kisses me, I kiss back, while the last part of Voodoo Doll echoes through my ears.

The song jumps. Voodoo Doll turns into Don't Stop.... Ashton Irwin demo... When Ashton hears himself sing, he stiffens. A few seconds later, he pulls away. "This sounds terrible... Who is this?" He complains. "The drummer from the previous band..." I answer laughing, looking at Ashton's face. He looks like he just ate something sour.

"Horrible, turn it off. He should just stick to drumming." Ashton laughs. "I like it though." I persist. "To each his own..." Ashton shrugs and tries to take my mobile. "No dork! My music!" I laugh, trying to keep my mobile out of his reach.

"What... Are you guys doing?" Calum, who by now is sitting next to us again, looks at us questioningly. "She won't turn down this horrible music!" Ashton complains. "Dumbass, it's your own demo..." I laugh. Michael, who is sitting next to Calum, laughs too. "Ash, is that demo listening?" Laughs he. "Yes, and it sounds terrible!" Sighs Ashton. "But you listen to it... That doesn't happen often. You're a good influence Juul." Even though it might have been a joke, I still feel proud.

"If you listen to this, you get to pick a song from my playlist in a moment." I suggest. "Yeah, okay!" Ashton agrees enthusiastically.

"We're getting closer and closer to Sydney!" Ashton claps his hands enthusiastically. "Then I can finally see my parents, Harry and Lauren again!" He smiles, looking happy. I can tell he misses them.

"I'm right here!" Harry waves. Ashton smiles.

The rest of the way we listen to All Time Low, Nirvana, Coldplay and Sleeping With Sirens. Every now and then I can't help but look at Mayke. I think it's rather strange, but I've told myself not to judge, just like him Wienowa. I have hurt her, several times. Fortunately, it turned out well, but it could have ended differently. I don't want the same to happen between Mayke and me, so I accept it. Even though I find it strange, and I know I'm not the only one...

889 words

Don't forget to vote