57

"Do you understand? When you sing, you have to keep your microphone straight." I nod sagely. The management man, Laurens, raises his thumb. "Okay, now the clothes, hair and make-up. We've got about half an hour, so we have to hurry up. Lucy!" A girl with blonde hair, I estimate her to be about thirty, comes walking towards us. "Take Juul and Zayn and help Juul get dressed. She's replacing Liam today. The rest of the boys stay here." He commands.

I personally find Laurens a bit scary.... He has hardly said anything about Liam, as if he hasn't hurt anyone. He commands and is a typical businessman from films: hard and businesslike... He is different from Simon, the real manager of the boys. I wonder if he knows about the thing between Harry, Liam and Wienowa. I wonder if he knows about Laurens' decision, whatever it may be. I am still curious about it.

"What do you think of this?" Lucy holds up a set of clothes. I look at myself in the mirror: It's a baby pink dress, mid-length, a cocktail dress. I shake my head wildly. "No way you're going to get me in that..." I protest. I hear Zayn laugh. Lucy sighs and grabs something else. "This then," She holds out a pink, white crop top with 'geek' and highway shorts. Again I shake my head. "There I really have the figure for..." I mutter sarcastically. Zayn laughs again. "Juul! Let Lucy do her job!" he laughs. "I'm not going to wear dresses or crop tops..." I say to Zayn, I look at him through the mirror. Lucy sighs again, this time irritated. She hangs the outfit back." What do you like?" She asks, looking through the clothes. "Black, white and black." Zayn answers for me. I raise my middle finger. "Black, bands... What I'm wearing now... " Lucy looks at me, it makes me nervous. "Hmmm..." She turns back to the rack. Then she takes out two pieces of clothing. She's telling me. A black tank top with low-cut sleeves with BOOM on it, like a cartoon. Underneath a pair of black ripped jeans. "This is okay, isn't it? Then we give your brother such a shirt, then you match." Lucy smiles, I nod. "Go on with it..." I look at Zayn from the mirror, who nods too. "Cool." He says. "Okay! Put it on and I'll come up with something for your hair and make-up... But hurry up, we don't have long. Zayn, you're ready for the rest, aren't you?" Zayn nods. "Good. Here's the shirt. Hurry up..." She tosses the shirt to Zayn. "This is okay, isn't it? Then we give your brother such a shirt, then you match." Lucy smiles, I nod. "Go on with it..." I look at Zayn from the mirror, who nods too. "Cool." He says. "Okay! Put it on and I'll come up with something for your hair and make-up... But hurry up, we don't have long. Zayn, you're ready for the rest, aren't you?" Zayn nods. "Good. Here's the shirt. Hurry up..." She tosses the shirt to Zayn. "This is okay, isn't it? Then we give your brother such a shirt, then you match." Lucy smiles, I nod. "Go on with it..." I look at Zayn from the mirror, who nods too. "Cool." He says. "Okay! Put it on and I'll come up with something for your hair and make-up... But hurry up, we don't have long. Zayn, you're ready for the rest, aren't you?" Zayn nods. "Good. Here's the shirt. Hurry up..." She tosses the shirt to Zayn. you're ready for the rest, right?" Zayn nods. "Great. Here you have the shirt. Hurry up..." She tosses the shirt to Zayn. you're ready for the rest, right?" Zayn nods. "Great. Here you have the shirt. Hurry up..." She tosses the shirt to Zayn.

"Tada!" I look at myself in the mirror. My black long hair hangs in not too exaggerated curls along my body. My slanted bangs are different, but they go well with my hair. My makeup is not too over the top. I nod. "Cool..." I mumble. "Yeah! Okay! Then quickly go to the stage with your brother, in a few minutes it will be showtime!" I swallow. Nerves fly around in my stomach. Twelve thousand men!

Zayn takes my hand and opens the door. "Thanks Julie!" He pulls me along. "Zayn I don't dare anymore!" I beep. Zayn stops walking, we are still a few meters away from the rest of the boys. "I really don't want to..." I whisper. "It'll be all right, you'll see. I do it daily... Did you ever expect that from me?" I shake my head. "Well then..." He smiles. "You know Liam's lyrics, you've had a speed course, you look stunning and your voice is amazing!" I am blushing. "Are you coming? We have a few more minutes..." I nod and walk with Zayn to the rest of the boys. Ashton, Michael, Luke, Calum and Mayke are also there. "Woah!" Harry looks me up and down. "You're beautiful!"

"Harry! Calm down, she's mine!" laughs Ashton. He walks towards me. "Why so... Dressed up? Very beautiful, very beautiful..." He gives me a kiss on my cheek. "I'm about to sing a set of one direction... Liam can't join in..." I explain. Ashton's mouth drops open. Then he picks me up and spins in circles. I scream. "Ash! Act normal!" I call. "I'm so proud of you!" I smile. "Fine, but put me down now!" Ashton lowers me. "Thank you..." I mumble.

"Ash?" Niall taps Ashton on the shoulder. "Can we borrow Juul from you for a moment? We have to go..." I feel the nerves coursing through my body. "No, cunt..." I curse softly. "It's okay... You're an amazing singer!" Ashton lets go of me. "Good luck!

I look at Zayn, who is standing next to me. Harry, Louis and Niall walk to the place where we have to go on stage at the same time. Zayn extends his hand, which I gratefully accept. "It will be fine, I trust it." he says softly. I take a deep breath. "Please don't let go of me..." I say, with a slight panic. "I won't let go of you until you want me to let you go..." Zayn promised.

"Ready?" Zayn looks at the rest of the boys, who are impatiently waiting. I take a step. "Ready."

1089 words

Don't forget to vote

Happy New Year

Hope you have a great 2022