78

"I'm going to take a look outside..." In other words, I'm going outside to look for Dad. Not to speak to him, but simply to see his children. I want to know what they look like. And I could do with some fresh air.

"Would you do that? I mean... Fans... Everywhere." Ashton shrugged. Sometimes he really is too protective. "Don't worry, I'll survive. If they like me, they won't kill me..." I laugh at my own joke. Ashton laughs too. He gives me a hug. I look over his shoulders at Zayn, who is sitting alone on the sofa. The rest of the One Direction boys are in the other dressing room, with Luke, Michael and Calum. Mayke and Wienowa are there too, even though Wienowa still hates Mayke. Actually, everyone hates Mayke at the moment, even though they understand her. The only ones who still talk to Mayke at the moment are Calum and I. Even Luke and Mayke have almost no contact.

Zayn wanted to sit alone, and I wanted to stay with Zayn. He's not doing well. Ashton wanted to stay with me.

"See you later..." I yell, before walking out of the dressing room. Ashton waves, Zayn says nothing.

I walk down the corridor to the large exit, which I can open with a card. When I'm standing at the door, I hesitate. I'm scared, scared that I'll really see him, even though that's exactly what I want. I take a deep breath and then open the door. Immediately I hear people screaming. I walk out and close the door. Why are there people standing here? It is on the other side of the entrance!

"It's just me..." I laugh, but still people keep screaming. I feel famous, even though they probably only like me because I'm Zayn's sister and Ashton's girlfriend...

I walk past the long queue. Every now and then, I take selfies with people I don't know who they are. It's a funny idea that people can be happy about it... I mean, I'm not even that pretty...

"Oh my god! You are Juul Malik!" I hear someone rise above the rest. I walk towards the sound. A girl is walking along the row. She has long, curly hair and looks at me kindly. "I'm really a fan! Of you too!" She shouts cheerfully. Her enthusiasm makes me happy. "Do you want to take a picture with me? I actually have to get back to my sister and her father, but that can wait..." I start laughing. The girl grabs her phone and unlocks it. She starts up her camera and poses for the picture. I give her a friendly smile. She takes the photo. "Thanks! This means a lot to me!" The girl hugs me. "I'm Simone, by the way..." She smiles. Wait... Simone?

"My sister is only six, but thanks to me, she's a Zayn girl..." Simone continues cheerfully, but to me the world seems to stand still. "What's your mum's name?" I suddenly ask, without thinking that it's a very strange question. "Uhm... Lycke, why?" She looks at me questioningly. I nod. "Is that bad?" She asks startled. I shake my head wildly. "No, not at all..." I say quickly. Simone laughs again. "You have to meet my sister! She's really so cute!" She grabs my hand and drags me along. My sister... I'm going to see my sister now too...

"Dad... Uhm... Jarick..." I hear Simone correct herself. She lets go of me and walks into the crowd. "Where were you? You just went to the toilet, didn't you?" I hear his voice. "Sorry, I ran into someone famous. Look!" Simone comes back from the crowd and grabs my arm again. Then she pulls me into the sea of people. "Juul?" My dad looks at me in surprise, with his eyes that might as well have been Zayn's. "Hey..." I say softly. I look at the girl holding his hand. She's small and her hands are the same as mine, or at least, when I was small. She also has Zayn's beautiful eyes.

"Do you know each other?" Simone asks in surprise. "Yes." I say honestly. "He knows both me and Zayn..." My father looks at me startled. "You know Zayn Malik? From where!" I hear her voice skip at the last word.

My father wants to answer, but he doesn't get his chance due to loud screams from the row. "What the fuck is going on?" I mutter. I step out of the queue. I see a crowd standing in a circle around someone, but they are pushed aside. "Juul!" I hear a familiar voice. The crowd slowly trickles out, only two people remain: a bodyguard and Zayn...

"Zayn!" Zayn approaches and stops in front of me. "I came to check on you, you were gone for so long..." He mumbles. I look at the crowd, he must not see dad.... "Sorry... Come..."

I want to run away with him, but I'm too late; Simone is coming towards us. "Holy fuck! You're Zayn Malik!" She shouts cheerfully. Simone starts hanging on my arm. "Your brother is so awesome!" She sighs. "Have you met anyone?" Asks smiling, looking at Simone. "Simone!" Yells Simone, making me start laughing. "Zayn... So..." Says Zayn, a little uncomfortably.

"ZayN," The thing I was afraid was going to happen is now happening. My father, or yes, our father, comes out of the line, along with Jade at his hand. "Jarick! Get back in line!" Shouts Simone. My gaze goes from my dad back to Zayn, who looks at Dad, startled. I bite my lip. "Dad?" His gaze betrays so many emotions: sadness, pain, fear and terror. I've never seen him so vulnerable.

965 words

Don't forget to vote