40

"Would you like another drink?" Zayn asks. I shake my head and look back at the pool. It's getting a bit dim by now.

Ashton pushes Michael underwater. I would like to jump into the pool too, but I hold back. I can't wear a bikini, it's awful...

"It won't be long before those two get something." Says Zayn. "Michael and Ashton?" I ask, still half in thought. Zayn laughs. "I hope not for your sake! I mean Liam and Wienowa!"

I look towards Liam and Wienowa. Liam lifts up Wienowa and throws her into the water. She screams.

I notice that Wienowa has a big tattoo of a soldier. Above it, there's something written, but I can't see what from afar.

Wienowa comes up, coughs and pulls Liam into the water, laughing. I sigh in exasperation. Will it just be friendship, or is there more, like Zayn says? I don't know...

"Maybe." I mutter. "It really bugs you, doesn't it?" Zayn asks. "They just met!" Sighs I irritated. "Says you! You've only known Ashton for a month too!" Zayn defends Liam, "So what, that's longer than three days..." I protest. "Maybe it's love at first sight..." Mutters Zayn. I don't reply. I think it's nonsense.

I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket. I almost dare not look, for fear it's Tara or Emma. Still I grab my phone, to give myself attitude. Five mentions on Twitter, two messages on WhatsApp and one follower on Instagram.

I look, with pounding heart, at the twitter mentions:

@5secondsoflife: @just_juulx post a selfie with 5sos

@5sosfam: @just_juulx how is the relationship between you and 5sos? #1Dssiss

@louismabby: How is it in Brazil? -@just_juulx @5sos @onedirection

I just want to read the next mention when I see the name. I recognise it: Tara's name...

Why do they want me? Don't they ever leave me alone?

@taraledirectioner: less than one year to see @5sos, @onedirection and @just_juulx with @jobitchEmma & @kuss_Dianne

Dianne is coming too? Since when are they so close? The other mention is a reaction to Tara...

@kuss_Dianne: @taraledirectioner @5sos @just_juulx @jobitchEmma be all darlings!

I bite my lip. "What is it?" I look up startled. Zayn looks at me with concern. "Nothing." I quickly decide off twitter and tap whatsapp. "Are you sure?" Zayn asks worriedly. I nod, my eyes staring at my phone. The two whatsapps are from mum:

Mum: hey honey

Mum: fancy skyping with your brother.

I hold out the phone to Zayn. "It's time!" He grins. "Just app that we're coming." I do as Zayn says. Then I stand up. "Ashton, do you fancy skyping with my mum?" I call out to Ashton, who is sitting at the water's edge. His wet hair sticks to his head and his six-pack glistens in the shimmering sun. Goddamn how sexy he is, "Uhm.... Sure!" Ashton stands up and walks towards me. "Wait..." I start up my phone's camera. "People want a selfie with 5sos..."

"Then where's the rest?" He asks. "UHm... No idea?" I want to post a selfie on twitter, and hope Dianne, Emma and Tara see it. It sounds mean, but fun. I want to take a picture with Ashton, when I hear people behind me shouting. "I WANT TO BE ON THE SELFIE TOO!" Harry... He comes running.

In no time Zayn, Louis, Liam, Niall, Harry, Luke, Michael, Calum and Wienowa are standing behind me and Ashton. Some pull a silly face, others laugh. I laugh, Ashton plants his lips on my cheek. Zayn's head is the highlight: he sticks out his tongue and has made his eyes big. I take the photo.

I laugh at the photo and post it on twitter. "Awh! Calum has puppy eyes!" Yells Louis. I laugh. Zayn pulls me and Ashton along. "Come on, mum's waiting!"

642 words

Don't forget to vote