50

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday, dear Ashton! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday sweetie!" I sing, dropping myself on top of the bed where Ashton is lying on... "Whew..." I hear him as I land on top of him. "What time is it?" He mumbles hoarsely. "Half past five!" I draw a big smile. Ashton groans and tries to turn around, which doesn't work; I'm on top of him.

The room door swings open. An over-eager Calum enters. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY ASH! I'M BREAKING INTO YOUR ROOM! I'M THE FIRST AND... Oh..." He looks at me. "Well... I wanted to be first..." Complained Calum, "Then you should have slept here, like me!" I stick my tongue out. "You weren't allowed to!" Protests Calum. Ashton sighs. "Guys, it's only half past five. Leave me alone..." I hear him mutter.

Calum slowly approaches. Then he jumps on top of Ashton too. "AU! Calum you're to fat for this shit!" Ashton laughs. Calum deliberately moves back and forth. "Auhau!" Whines Ashton. "Oh come on, you're 20 now! You have to be able to take a beating!" Laughs Calum.

"What the fack is going on here?" Hears a raspy girl's voice. I turn round startled. In the doorway stands a sleepy Lauren. She rubs her eyes and then looks at us questioningly. "Wishing your brother a happy birthday." Calum replies cheerfully. Lauren approaches, smiling. "So where is he?" She asks. Ashtons raises his hand. "Here! Lau, please tell those idiots to get off me!" I hear him say, laughing. "You hear him..." She tries to say quasi bitchily. "I'm getting off Ashton and sitting next to him. Calum stands up. Lauren runs towards us and jumps on top of Ashton. "Happy birthday bro!" She gives him a kiss on the cheek. Then she gets off him. "I'm broken..." Ashton sighs. I laugh. His day has yet to begin.

—————

"Is it safe to go outside?" Ashton asks, smiling, as he looks outside. It is now one o'clock and we are standing in front of the entrance to the Allphones arena. There are hundreds of girls standing behind the barricades, waiting for a glimpse of Ashton.

this morning had been very pleasant. Ashton's mother had cake, we sang for Ashton and memories of the past were made. He also received presents.

Calum was there too, but went to his parents' at about midday. He came later, because he had to miss his parents. We are also a bit later.

As a surprise, Lauren, Harry and Ashton's mother are coming to the concert tonight. They don't know anything about my speech. I'm really nervous, especially now that my in-laws are in the audience...

"Let's just take our chances." I open the door, a loud scream meets us. I bite my lip, so many people... I step out, Ashton follows me. All sorts of things are shouted as we walk past, luckily there are drink gates and people pushing people back. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY ASH! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!" Ashton looks at me. He probably sees that all these people are oppressing me, because he grabs my hand. "OH MY GOD! JASHTON!" I hear someone scream. I smile. "ASHTON WE LOVE YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY I HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY WITH YOUR LOVELY GIRLFRIEND!" We walk past the people, hundreds of girls. "Ash, Juul! Can I please take a selfie with you?" It sounds very quiet, very normal compared to the rest. I look at the direction of the sound. A girl with purple, blue hair looks at us questioningly. I walk up to her and pull Ashton with me. "Sure!" I say, posing for the picture.

"Ash! Birthday boy!" As soon as we get inside Ashton is jumped by Luk and Michael, who are in the dressing room. "Where is my lovely brother?" I ask, looking on. "Rehearsal, we couldn't and can't do anything without Ash and Cal." Answer Luke, who lets go of Ashton. "Tonight do what we love the most! I hope it will be a good concert!" Ashton drops down on the couch. "It certainly will." Mutters Michael, grinning at me.

—————

The arena is already filling up with people. It is five to seven, which means: Five minutes to go before 5 seconds of summer starts! About half an hour to go before I can go on... I'm going for the last song, so I know for sure that Ashton won't be expecting it.