79

"Woow, wait... Dad?" Simone asks Zayn. "This... This is my daddy, not yours..." The little girl, Jade, wraps her arms protectively around my dad, and her dad too. "This is akward..." Zayn nervously runs his hand through his hair. "What are you doing here?" He asks in a trembling voice that could break at any moment.

"Taking the girls to your concert.... I wanted to see how you've grown. I've seen 'this is us' several times, your self-confidence has grown! I wanted to see that with my own eyes! And Sim is a great directioner, so..."

"Oh..." Is the only thing Zayn can utter. "Okay..." I stand next to him and put an arm around him. The bodyguard moves slightly to the side. It's awfully quiet...

"I don't follow it anymore for a while..." Simone breaks the silence. "Zayn and Juul... Are your children? What kind of bullshit is this? Why didn't I ever know about this?" Exclaimed Simone. "Shh... Don't make a scene, or you'll see yourself back in a magazine." I immediately suspend her, causing her to be startled and put her hand in front of her mouth.

"They are my children. And you never knew that, because I was ashamed of myself for leaving them alone..." Sighs my father. He puts his free hand on Zayn's shoulder. To my surprise, Zayn allows it.

"Shall we talk?" My father asks Zayn. Zayn shakes his head. "I have the concert in a minute... And I need to think..." Zayn's voice is still shaking.

"Do you want my number." My dad asks him. "Juul already has it, that's enough. I can always ask her..." Min father nods slowly as Zayn utters the words.

My gaze goes to Simone, who seems to find it all rather strange. I can understand her, she's also hearing this for the first time.

"If we turn out to be stepsisters, we might as well be friends. Here's my number..." Simone takes a sheet of paper and a pen from her pocket and begins to write. "Was for autographs..." She mumbles. Then she hands me the note. "If you want to app me..." She gives me a friendly smile. "I'm going to go back in line with Jade for a bit, otherwise we'll never get to see Luke Hemmings..." I laugh. "Good luck!" Simone smiles at me and then takes her sister into the crowd. My father clears his throat.

"I'm proud of you, Zayn. Please don't forget that! I still love you... And I get that you don't love me right now, but I hope we can fix that..." Says my father softly. Zayn nods. "Maybe, in the future... but I'm going to go now. They're probably looking for us, I'm sorry..." Zayn takes a step back. "Are you coming, Juul?" I nod.

"Maybe until next time..." I say softly to my father. "Have fun tonight..." Are Zayn's last words to my father, before he walks away. I walk after him.

When e are inside and the bodyguard is gone, Zayn and I look at each other for a while. Zayn's eyes glaze over. Then he falls around my neck and I feel his shoulders shake.

I have never seen Zayn cry, NEVER!

It is strange. It's weird that I'm comforting Zayn now. It's always been the other way around, for as long as I can remember.

"Zayn... I'm so sorry you had to see him. I know this makes you confused." I say softly. "Actually, I'm kind of glad I saw him.... That he said he is proud of me. Ever since one direction existed, my wish has been to hear that from my dad..." Zayn almost whispers. "I just don't know now if I should contact him... I'm scared, I'm angry with him. But at the same time, there's something in me that says I want him back in my life..." Zayn lets go of me and wipes his cheeks dry. "I'm sorry you had to see me cry... There went my manhood..." I don't want to, but I have to laugh. "It doesn't matter, Zayn. We'll work it out together!" Zayn smiles at me.

"Now I feel like having a cigarette..." He mutters. "Will you walk with me?" I nod. Zayn starts walking. "Zayn?" I start walking beside him. "If we're going to make contact, we'll do it together... Right?" I ask. Zayn nods. "Anyway... But geez, I need to process this for a while..." He mutters. "I understand Zaynie..." I sigh. "Me too."

758 words

Don't forget to vote