Love You Idiot

"You can't strike first if you don't know how to strike. The cobra strike is composed of two parts: the lunge, which requires the use of the whole body, and the bite" dad flung his fist straight at the dummies face "Which is everything that happens after you make contact"

We were back at the dojo, and dad was teaching Miguel how to punch, I was painting a wall. Dad had made me do a lot more work than Miguel. He was spending a lot of time with the boy, of course he was teaching him, but sometimes he would teach Miguel things that even I hadn't learned yet, that kinda annoyed me. So I'd go home, and stay up all night perfecting the move, not like I slept anyway.

"You don't stop here when knuckle hits the bone, you punch through the bone, like the guy you really wanna hit is standing behind this asshole" my dad continued

Dad made a loud yelling noise as he took a hit to the dummy. I watched the two of them, taking a short break.

"Strike here, you bloody his nose. Strike here, you break his teeth. Strike here, you could severely damage his trachea"

"Obviously that's only for extreme situations" I piped up "Karate should really only be used for defense, to protect yourself, that's why you're-"

"Yes yes okay thank you child, let the teacher do the teaching" dad cut me off "Alright, line up"

Miguel stood in front of the dummy. Dad's phone started ringing, he looked at me to answer it, but I just shook my head. It was his phone. That will become ironic in a few seconds.

"Keep practicing, Punch through the dummy"

Miguel slowly moved his hand towards the dummy, leaning against him and just kinda pushing it around. I chuckled, getting off my ass and walking over to him.

"Okay nerd, obviously you need help"

"Gee thanks" Miguel mumbled

I smiled softly, standing behind the dummy and holding my hand out.

"Punch my hand" Miguel started to move around the dummy but I stopped him "No no no, punch the dummy, and make him hit my hand"

"Oh- uh... okay?" Miguel swung a little harder, the dummy barely moved.

He sighed, trying again, still it didn't move very much. He tried once more, but my dad's voice shifted me into another dimension and I became completely oblivious to Miguel.

"Robby what the hell? You're doing drugs? You wanna flush your life down the toilet?"

"What- Robby?" I piped up. I ran over to my dad, snatching the phone away from him, ignoring his protests "Robby?"

"Hey squirt" my brother sighed, but I could hear the tiny smile in his voice

"You're doing drugs? Are you okay? Are you hurt?" I panicked

"Hey, calm down nerd. I'm alright, I was being safe" he assured

I didn't completely believe him, Robby was the textbook definition of a delinquent, but he was also the best brother in the world. Sadly since our parents split up, he went with mom, and mom wouldn't let me stay with her, so I stayed with dad.

I remember the day mom left. Robby screamed at her when she wouldn't let me come. Mom and I had never really gotten along, but there were things she did, that I couldn't forgive her for.

"Just- promise me, you won't be stupid with it?" I sighed

"I promise Harley... Hey, I gotta give the phone back to my principal now, but I'll call you later okay squirt?" Once again I could hear the smile in my brother's voice.

"Yeah sure... I love you idiot" I smiled softly

"Love you freak" he answered, before handing the phone off.

I did the same, handing the phone back to dad. He didn't really say anything else, just an offhand comment about mom and then he hung up. Robby and dad had gotten along just as well as mom and I. So, you can imagine family game night.

"What the hell is he doing" dad grumbled, looking back at Miguel weakly punching the dummy "No no no you're doing it all wrong! What, do you want those kids at school to keep dumping shit on your head? You want all the girls to think you're a wang-less dork? Cause you can stop your training right now and you can walk outside and let the whole world know you're a loser... or you can plant your feet, look your enemy in the eyes. And punch him in the face!" dad shouted

I moved back over to the dummy, needing to get the image of Robby dead from a drug overdose out of my mind. I stood behind the dummy like I had before, dad gave me a weird look, somewhat annoyed.

"Punch through him Miguel" I nodded
Miguel brought his hands up into a punching position.

"Picture your enemy," Dad added. As I watched Miguel think, I knew exactly who he was picturing. Kyler "Alright, you have a picture in your mind?" Miguel nodded "What ya gonna do?"

"Hyah!" Miguel shouted, landing a hard punch, knocking the dummy a little bit

"Again!"

"Hyah!" he landed it harder

"Are you a loser?"

"No Sensei!" Miguel shouted, punching hard again

"Again!" Dad didn't even have to say it, Miguel was going for it.

He hit it hard over and over again. The dummy flung back hitting my hand and I smiled proudly, but Miguel kept going.

"Okay- that's good" he didn't stop

"Harley shush" my dad stopped me

Miguel was in raged. He was going so hard on the dummy, I wondered if he would actually knock it over. Once I'd had enough I stepped forwards, blocking Miguel's punch, the force sending him sideways to his knees.

"That's enough!" I exclaimed

"Excuse me, who's the teacher here?" Dad questioned

"Dad-"

"I am the Sensei here! Not you!" My dad's voice roared "I am the teacher here! Not you! Do you understand me?"

"Yes Sensei" I muttered

"What!" he boomed

"Yes Sensei!" I nearly screamed, I felt my throat sting a little.

My dad nodded, apparently adequate with his shouting match today. I hated to give into my dad, I hated to lose. But if I had kept going he would've flipped me on my back and put me in my place. Could I beat him in a fight? Not yet.

-'|'-'|'-'|'-

Little Robby interaction!!