Not Until You Do

After Miguel left for his date with the fallen angel, and dad left for his meeting I set up everything. I had saved up for a week to buy snacks for the three of us. I got a bunch of blankets and grabbed all the horror movies I could find lying around, as well as… possibly stealing some from the Diaz apartment. I had grabbed all of Hawks favorites, and lots of pop. Around 8:30 there was a knock on the door.

“It’s open!” I called out

The door opened and I saw Hawk standing in the doorway.

“Hey Harles” Hawk smiled coming in and pulling me into a hug

“Hey, where’s Aisha?” I asked

“She said she was feeling sick, caught the flu or some shit”

“Ah dummer” I nodded “Well take a seat, I got all your favorites, and three different pop’s”

“Oh you’re amazing, honestly, so amazing” he smiled, taking a bag of chips and a can of pop to start off with.

I stood over in the kitchen, pulling out my phone and sending Aisha a text.

Harley: I’ll get you for this

Aisha: I dunno what you’re talking about😇

I rolled my eyes with a soft smile and headed over to the couch. I sat down beside Hawk, who leaned over and pulled me into his lap. I’d nearly broken his nose on multiple occasions now, consented boundaries were beyond us at this point.

“Okay, I have multiple horror movies for us to choose from. We have The Shining, Carrie, Pet Semetary, IT, and Doctor Sleep”

“Which uh… which is the least scariest?” Hawk questioned

I giggled, shaking my head and picking up IT and sticking it in the dvd player. I sat down beside Hawk, taking the bag of chips from him. He gave me a look and I just smirked, pointing to the tv. He smirked and turned back to the tv, as soon as the little girl singing came through the speakers he tensed up a little.

I suppressed a laugh, offering my hand for him to hold. He looked reluctant at first, but after a… mostly gentle nudge he took my hand.

“Well if you’re that scared” he shrugged

“Oh yes, just terrified” I chuckled

Hawk smiled as he enjoyed the movie. It was the first scary movie he had been able to handle, and I’d like to say it was me, but I couldn’t feel I could give myself enough credit. Hawk had changed. I had always wanted Eli to break out of his shell, cause I knew he could be amazing. Now he was, or- getting there, but we all were.

~~

Halfway through the movie I started getting really hot under all the blankets, but being the stupid stubborn bitch I was, I kept the blankets on, and opted or wearing just my sports bra. 

A few minutes later Hawks took off his shirt casually, he felt hot to me, so I assumed it was the same thing. Both of us are just incredibly stubborn.

~~

After the movie, Hawk's face was in shock. His mouth was hung open and he seemed in awe. I smiled as he mindlessly stuck a chip against his face until it eventually reached his mouth.

“Does that mean it was good?” I giggled

“That- was one of the best movies I’ve ever seen!”

I smiled, shaking my head and moving around to set my pop down. Once I did that I felt hands on my waist, I smirked, grabbing Hawks hands and spinning him around, pinning him down on the couch.

“Hawk Moskowitz you wouldn’t be trying to surprise spar with me would you?”

“And what if I am princess?” he smirked

That word. No one had ever called me that before. It meant something, to both of us, I felt it. It meant more than it ever had before.

I grinned, getting off of him. He stood up instantly and I moved around the coffee table, taking a fighting stance instantly. Hawk moved closer, mirroring my stance. I smirked, turning my hand and making a come hither motion.

Hawk grinned, leaping forwards with a kick which I dodged easily. I spun around, sending punches at his face, which he blocked as well. I took one kick, Hawk ducked, sweeping my leg and sending me onto my back. He got on top of me, pinning me to the floor.

“Submit and surrender” he laughed

I whipped my legs around his neck, flipping the two of us until I was on top of him, straddling his waist.  He tried to punch at me but I grabbed both his wrists, pinning them above his head.

“Not until you do”

I stared down at Hawk, his eyes were bright and mischievous. It was thrilling, in a way no punch could ever bring me. No fight, or victory would ever feel as good as looking into Hawk's eyes. He stared up at me, I felt like he was looking into my soul and reading every line about me, but I wasn't scared. I didn't feel like I had to be closed off when I was around Hawk.

"Hey Harley…." Hawk started. I gave the nervous boy a look telling him to continue "Why… why haven't you been eating?"

I froze. I didn't know how to answer him. Usually it was so easy. Just say I wasn't hungry. But everyone knows now. Everyone knew I was the anorexic freak that didn't eat anything.

"I-... I just- it-"

"Hey" Hawk reached a hand up, cupping my face gently "you don't have to give me an answer right now if it's too hard, Kay?"

I smiled softly, nodding a little bit, matching Hawk's soft smile. Eli had always been comforting. Seems he always would be.

Suddenly the front door swung open and my dad came barreling through the front door with Miguel. They were singing bloody murder from the sounds of them, and here I was shirtless on the floor with my oldest friend, straddling him.

"Hey Harley- whoa! Oh Holy shit- why on the floor?"

"No- shit it's not what it looks like!" I exclaimed.

Hawk and I both instantly turned red, scrambling over each other to stand up, both the physical embodiment of embarrassment.

"I-I'll- I'll see you tomorrow Harles" Hawk cringed, pulling his knuckle up to his lip

"Yeah- yeah see you tomorrow" I nodded, my fists clenching.

Hawk walked past Miguel and my dad, keeping his head on the ground as he went as quickly to the door as possible. He turned back to give me a quick smile before bolting away. As soon as he was gone, dad and Miguel burst out into harsh laughter.

"You should've seen your faces!"

"Yeah! Hey I'm sorry I came home so early kid"

I rolled my eyes at them, waving them off and cleaning up the snacks and left over pop. The two continued to laugh even when I was done.

"Yeah, uhuh ya know you're so funny, I forgot to laugh" I mumbled

"Oh lighten up Harley!" Miguel smiled, wrapping his arms around my waist and spinning me around until he crashed onto the couch.

"Jesus- El you're like my brother" I laughed, leaning back against him

"Might as well be at this point" he grinned

I smiled up at him. Thinking about it, Miguel had been like an older brother to me these past months. I mean sure, I had Robby and no one would ever, or could ever replace him. But Miguel was different, he was protective about my feelings, not just my body, and he cared in ways Robby didn't have the emotional maturity for. Had Miguel Diaz magically become my adopted older brother at that very moment? Yes. Yes he had.

-'|'-'|'-'|'-