What Do We Do?

As ordered, at 5am in the goddamn morning, we were all up and… well I wouldn’t say completely awake. I was as awake as I usually was of course. It turned out that we were meeting at a construction site, and were helping them with cement… shit i don’t know what to call it. Dad was drill sergeant-ing us all day, and it was starting to get on my nerves. It was hot, and sweaty, It was all because of Kreese, and I knew it. Dad was embarrassed that we were still human beings, unlike him and all his friends from school.

“Don’t add too much water. You wanna make it nice and thick” Dad controlled

“That’s what he said” I whispered, making Hawk and Miguel burst out laughing.

Our laughter however, came to a gruff stop when dad walked over, all awkwardly continuing to mix cement.

“Sensei, why are we mixing cement?” Miguel asked

“No questions”

“Alright” Miguel panted

“Keep stirring!”

I sighed as I brought another bag over to Miguel and Hawk. I looked up to see Kreese staring me down. He’d been doing it all morning, and it was really freaking me out. What was he staring at? Had I gotten a new zit I didn't see? Did he think I looked fat in this shirt- hold on, wait. He’s like- a 50 year old man, if he’s looking at me like that- ew- no. Oh god.

“Hey Harles you okay? You look sick” Hawk nudged me, getting his attention.

“Huh? Oh yeah I’m fine” I waved off, quickly walking away to grab another bag of cement.

If Kreese really was checking me out, I couldn’t tell anyone. One: who would believe me? Two: I didn’t want to bother my dad. Despite him being an evil dick, some twisted part of my dad still looked up to Kreese. Oh that just makes it so much worse.

Suddenly a large cement truck came rolling onto the street we were on. That’s weird, what are we doing here then? We all watched carefully, looking around at each other confused. We all gathered around, dad stood in front of the cement truck.

“Dad uh- what the fuck?” I sighed, wiping sweat off my face

“You think winning the All Valley gives you the right to goof off?” my dad didn’t pay me any mind “Well I got news for you. Winning one championship don’t mean squat! A true champion never stops training-”

I looked over at Kreese again, smugly leaning against the truck, still keeping his beating eyes on me. It put me off, honestly. I wrapped my arms around my chest, wishing I hadn’t decided to wear a tank top today, even if it was baggy and felt like 100 degrees. 

Why did he have to stare at me? What in the hell did this twisted pedophile see in me!? I had become so bothered by keeping track of Kreese’s eyes, that I didn’t notice the rest of the group move until my feet got swept out from under me, and I was on my back in the dirt.

“Get your head out of the clouds Harley! Any more cheek from you and you’re out of Cobra Kai, is that understood!” my dad shouted

“What-” I looked up at my dad, he was dead serious, holy shit “.... yes sensei” I sighed

“Good” Dad nodded. Hawk held a hand down, him and Miguel helping me to my feet “Now that you’re all present. Climb up, get inside, and make it spin” he pointed to the cement truck

We were all in shock at that. I was enraged, he had officially lost what was left of his cracked marbles.

“Are you out of your!-” A hand went flying over my mouth, someone had pulled me against their chest.