Invisibility

"So that's it? No more karate?"

"I guess so"

We were all back in school. Miguel had a few bruises still left over. Everyone stared at me, avoiding me in the halls, others stared and smirked. They were calling me the psycho serpent. Part of me thought it was cool, but I knew it was just an insult.

"It's probably for the best" Demetri nodded "It was starting to boost your confidence"

"Isn't that a good thing?" Miguel asked

"No" Demetri said like it was obvious "What has confidence ever gotten anybody except for a black eye and their backpack thrown in the trash"

"Well- I thought it was kinda cool how you stood up to Kyler" Eli spoke up "And how you punched out Yasmine for Aisha" he looked at me

"Are you insane? Let me ask you. What is the best superpower anyone could have?"

"Super strength" Miguel answered

"Wrong. Invisibility" Demetri corrected "A distant second would be super speed, to run away fast"

"Run away from who?" Kyler came up behind Eli, and I instantly got defensive over him... Weird

"Whom" Brucks corrected "It's the object of a preposition, remember english class-"

"We were just leaving," Miguel spoke up as we all quickly packed up our bags.

"Hey where you going?" Kyler grabbed Eli, holding his face up "Oh look at this freak Oh shit! What kind of girl would ever kiss this shit?"

"Leave him alone Kyler" I muttered

My fists were clenched so tight they were shaking, I glared into Kyler's forehead as he looked over at me amused.

"Oh ho ho" Brucks laughed

Kyler shoved Eli away and looked down at me

"What'd you say?" he stalked over to me "You haven't had enough huh Psycho serpent?" he shoved me back "huh? Get the hell out of here man"

Kyler shoved my head, making me stumble back. I saw red again. I could feel it bubbling inside of me this entire time, and that had set it boiling over the edge and into my fists.

"Fucking cunt!" I shouted, leaping at him

Demetri and Miguel grabbed onto my arms, holding me back from pounding his face in. Kyler and Brucks laughed watching me and tugged against their arms. Eli came over to me, taking hold of one of my hands, looking me in the eyes. When I saw him, I calmed down. It was like all the red washed out of my system, and I was okay again.

"Come on Harley" Eli gave me a pleading look.

I nodded my head, sort of functioning on autopilot. Demetri and Miguel kept hold of my arms as we walked out of the library. Eli kept pace, holding onto my hand.

"Dude, you seriously need to get tested for I.E.D" Demetri sighed, letting go of me when we were far enough away from the,

"Oh what good would that do huh? It's not like I can afford medication or shit" I grumbled

"A diagnosis does help Harley" Miguel tried

"And then what? Then in a certified freak... a real psycho" I gritted through my teeth.

"Hey" Eli spoke up, looking me in the eyes again "You're still you, nothing changes... you're still awesome" he gave me a soft smile

I couldn't help but smile back. What would I do without Eli?

~~

I was sitting in my bed, it was almost midnight when my phone started going off. I was wide awake of course. To my surprise it was Eli.

"Hey" I answered the phone

"Shit I thought you'd be asleep" Eli sighed

"Then why did you call me..." I chuckled

"Well- I- well I wanted to talk, but uh... I also know you don't sleep, so I was hoping you were also sleeping"

"Okay nerd, get to the point" I laughed

"Oh- right! Uh- Miguel is going back to karate- but I guess you already knew that, a-and I'm thinking I wanna join- even if Demetri doesn't"

"Hey! That's awesome Eli" I smiled, trying to hide the fact that neither dad or Miguel had told me about this "I'm proud of you"

"Thanks!" he exclaimed before quieting down "Oh shit I gotta go- see you at school!"

I smiled, hanging up my phone and lying back against my sheets. My room reeked of cigarettes. I lit a new one, taking a long drag to help think about my dad and Miguel. Did I expect my dad to have told me, no. Did I expect Miguel to have? Yeah!

-'|'-'|'-'|'-

Sorry for a bit of a short chapter today. But if you'd like a second one today, leave a comment lol<3