Drago

By the time our next practise came, everybody was raving about the Sekai Taikai. I mean- Eli, Miguel and Robby would not shut up about it in the car, they were all completely stoked. I was too don’t get me wrong, I was just nervous. We were going to have to, ONCE AGAIN, fight against Cobra Kai. After my mental breakdown I was a lot more calm about the All Valley. I knew it would take a while to readjust my mind set, but I really need to start letting people take care of me.

“Did you catch that video I sent you of last year’s Sekai Taikai?” Eli continued his rambling

“Man, who knew people could kick that high” Miguel nodded

“Or that hard” Robby added on

“That’s why it’s the biggest competition in the world” I grinned

“Last year’s winner did a car commercial in Taiwan”

“Dude imagine being in a commercial!” Mitch exclaimed “What would you do with all that money?”

“Buy a yacht with a hot tub, fill it up with smarties and hotties” Chris grinned doing a funny dance that made us all started laughing

“What about you guys?” Demetri looked over at us

“College” Miguel, Robby and I chorused. 

“Alright alright, let’s not get head of ourselves, alright?” All the Sensei’s walked over “Remember, Cobra Kai is gonna do everything they can to get a spot, and if they win this time, kids all over the world are gonna have to deal with the same crap you guys have gone through” Mr. Larusso emphasized

“No pressure” I mumbled

“But if we win, we can show the world how to stop them” Sam chimed in

“First you must prove you can compete with best” Chosen added on

“But in order to do that you have to be better then the best” Dad finished off “Which is why we’re gonna kick your asses into high gear”

“Sensei Lawrence, Sensei Toguchi and I are gonna get your ready for the presentation tomorrow. Okay, so come on, let’s get warmed up”

“Go! Move those asses!” Dad shouted

Everyone dispersed to go put their bags away. I threw mine at Robby, which he just nearly got, and have me a look after. I just laughed and walked over to him. Robby and I noticed Miguel and dad talking, Robby gave me a look saying follow my lead, and we walked over.

“Everything okay with uh…..”

“Uh yeah” Miguel nodded “Thing were tough at first but I’m glad we’re still friends”

“Alright, good to hear”

“How sweet, is this what fatherly advice sounds like?” Robby deadpanned, I had to lower my head because I was grinning

“Robby come on, we’re just talking-”

“Relax, I’m messing with you” Robby smirked, making Miguel laugh

Dad let out a breath of relief “I’m glad you ironed our your shit. With you three on the same team, we have a shot” Dad smiled “Now wadda ya say? Are you ready to show the world who’s boss?”

We all smiled, nodding our heads and turning to one another, nodding together. There’s no better feeling then having a family all by your side. I was about to say something but suddenly someone came barreling up behind me, wrapping their arms around me and picking me up, running and spinning with me. I didn’t have to think twice about who it was. I used Eli’s momentum to huck my body forwards, sending the both of us rolling over one another like cartoon characters, then we bounced up onto our feet and started sparring with one another. It may not have been Mr. Larusso’s idea of training, or Sensei Toguchi’s, but it was our way. Miguel and Robby jumped in, the four of us all going at one another from every direction, eventually Sam jumped in along with Demetri, and it felt like a true and honest vacation. Even if we were training, and even if there was a lot at stake, I never felt more at peace with myself. 

“You want us to do what?!” I shouted

“I think it could work” Mr. Larusso nodded 

“Dad we barely have enough room to do the moves on our own let alone the four of us” Sam backed me up

"Yeah I agree with the girls" Robby nodded

"Me too" Eli nodded

“It’s gonna work, I promise” Mr. Larusso assured us

We all trained hard, and tomorrow came way too quickly, but we were ready. Sensei Toguchi had set up different scenes for us to do, while Mr. Larusso would be showing the Sekai Taikai members around. Mitch and Chris were at the beginning, explaining the basic’s along with Bert and Anthony, explaining how the muscle memory works and all that. Robby, Miguel and Eli were in charge of examining Dad’s side of things, the offense, the badassery. Mr. Larusso explained the history of Miyagi-Do after that, which I supervised.

“Our Okinawan style of karate has been handed down from generation to generation, going back four hundred years”

“Shrimpo Sensei, loved fishing, and sake bombs” Dad tried to help, I had to excuse myself before I started laughing my ass off “One day, strong wind, strong sun-”

“Sensei, I need your help setting up the next examination” I quickly dragged dad away before he got too far in

Mr. Larusso gave me a thankful look as I removed dad from the beach house. In all fairness, I did need to head out to the old Eagle Fang facility where I was going to be working with Sam. The organization could definitely use some work, because we had to go back to the other dojo again afterwards, but I think it will be okay. Sam and I were doing the watermelon exercise, where we showcased our kicks and power, busting open watermelons.

“No fancy crap here. Our dojo is old school” Dad explained “We don’t spoil our students, we make em earn things that hard way” Sam took a kick, but she wasn’t able to break the watermelon “You call that a kick? Harder!”

“Hey, trust me” I mumbled “Do the same thing”

Sam gave me a strange look but nodded. She set up for a kick, and did the same thing, not actually breaking it. But she sent it flying towards me, I did my dad’s flying tornado kick, and totally busted the watermelon!- right in the head board member’s face. Oh fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck!

“Uh, hey look man, I’m sure this probably all seems weird to you” Dad started talking, while I started losing my mind with panic “But sometimes you have to train outside the box to get to another level. Some people use the latest high tech junk to get there, and some people need to run up and mountain in the snow, and yell”

“Drago!” The board member roared, making everyone jump with confusion. Did- wait hang on- “Rocky Balboa is my hero” he smiled at dad

“No shit! Mine too” Dad nodded excitedly

“His victory over russia effectively restored my fractured homeland”

“You get it” Dad nodded

“I do” the board leader nodded “That was a beautiful kick ladies” he nodded to Sam and I “Show me more”

“Yes Sir” Dad nodded

Mr. Larusso lead the board members back out so we could head back to the dojo. I shit you not, I collapsed as soon as they were all out of view. Luckily Eli caught me. 

“I think my life just flashed before my eyes” I sighed

“You did great baby” Eli pulled me back onto my feet “C’mon, time to die”

“If I’m gonna die, I’d rather do it with you pretty boy” I smiled, leaning up and pressing my lips to Eli’s

“I love you Princess” Eli smiled down at me

“I love you too” I smiled back “Now c’mon!”

We headed back to the beach house where Mr. Larusso’s idea was about to be put into action. His idea, was to save Sam, Robby, Eli and I doing the circle exercise in the koi pond…… at the same time. So not only did we have to balance each other’s weight, all four of us had to be perfectly in sync. I think I nearly vomited if I’m honest. But we did it! We did it and it was absolutely fucking amazing! We ended the last section, with all of us doing a set together, with Robby and I leading. It felt so good to be doing karate with him, and not against him. Having him beside me. Once again I’ll say it, even if there was a lot at stake, I was so at peace. 

-'|'-'|'-'|'-