Stupid Freak

“So you got pushed around. So what? Get over it. You were in a karate dojo that’s the whole point” I saw Hawk talking on the phone outside as I left the dojo

“Oh, how’s he doing?” I asked, walking over, seeing Demetri with his busted nose on the screen

“It was aggravated assault Eli. I looked it up. That’s a year in prison and ten thousand dollar fine” Demetri explained

“Stop being such a bitch Demetri” Hawk grumbled “You know what happen to snitches”

“They get immunity” 

“Snitches get stitches” Hawk reiterated 

“I have stitches!” Demetri exclaimed “I’ve got several stitches!”

“Don’t do anything stupid. You’ll regret it” Hawk promised as he hung up the phone

“What happened?” a voice came behind me, making me jump “Whoa, it’s just me” Miguel came into my view

“I knew that” I smiled it off.

“That pussy Demetri couldn’t handle training with Mr. Kreese” Hawk scoffed “He’s not Cobra Kai material”

“No… but he’s still your best friend man” I sighed “And yeah, I admit he’s a smart ass who runs his mouth, but he’s our friend”

“He’s a nerd” Hawk rolled his eyes walking away

“So were we once” I called after him.

Hawk kept going off, not looking back at me, but I saw him falter.

“Hey what’s been going on with you?” Miguel asked me

“Me? Nothing” I scoffed

“You’ve been… acting weird. Seems like everything bothers you, and you’re like, the most unbothered person I know- when you’re not red of course. And that stunt you pulled today-”

“I’m fine El” I cut him off “It was a spur of the moment thing” I shrugged “And I’m fine now”

“It was careless is what it was” Miguel sighed, coming closer to me “Just… be careful” he gave me a soft smile before going back inside.

As soon as I realized I was alone I jumped in my car, locking the doors and driving off. The idea of being home alone in the apartment suddenly got me really put off, so I just went on a really really long drive.

~~

I ended up at the beach. I thought about it, it was the last place anyone I know would go at a time like this. It was usually empty anway. Maybe I could think without being… paranoid. I brought a soccer ball with me in case I needed to get my mind off anything. As it turned out I know myself better than I thought, and I ended up juggling it around, as you do. A gust of wind blew sand in my eyes, and I accidentally kicked the ball away. 

“Hey kid you- Harley?”

I rubbed the sand out of my eyes, looking up through the sun to see.

“Mr. Larusso?”

“Yeah- what are you doing here?” Mr. Larusso asked

“Just uh… Needed to clear my head I guess” I shrugged

“Ah” He nodded, walking past me without any other word

I spun around, watching him walk. Something about it didn’t feel right.

“Hey” I said softly, while still catching his attention. He stopped and I walked over to him “Speaking of… clearing my head… I’m sorry about the Valley fair” I sighed “It was a petty, spur of the moment thing. I shouldn’t have let the guys go along with over a stupid commercial”