Stay With Me

We sat outside the dojo, Hawk had me wrapped in his arms in the cold night, but I didn’t care how cold I was. I felt truly dead inside. I regretted everything, and now who knows what's gonna happen between Demetri and us. At least I knew one thing, I would always have Hawk… as much as I could.

“How you feeling?” Hawk asked, brushing a bit of stray hair out of my face

“Sick” I mumbled, cuddling as close to him as I could

“I’m not gonna ask” He sighed, both of us knowing the answer and the question

“I’m sorry” I sighed, feeling like a complete failure

“Hey, never apologize” he shook his head, hooking a finger under my chin so I’d look up at him “I know it’s been hard for you. Setbacks are a part of human life”

“.... when did you get so smart?” I questioned lazily

Hawk grinned, chuckling softly, making me smile the tiniest bit. Count on Hawk to make me smile. Hawk wrapped his arms around me tighter as a black car drove into the parking lot. I recognized it, it was Moon’s car. She got out of it rather quickly, glaring daggers at me, she looked pissed. Hawk gave me a confused look before pulling away from me and standing up.

“You beat up Demetri over a Yelp review! What the hell were you even thinking!?” Moon shouted

“He joined Miyagi-Do” Hawk recalled 

“So what?” Moon sighed “He’s your friend”

“He’s a fucking nerd” Hawk spat “And he’ll always be a nerd”

I knew Hawk had taken things too far. But he needed someone to help him through it. Demetri had left him, sure he was causing problems but what he needed was someone to walk through the fire with him, not shove him deeper into it. Moon will hopefully be that person.

“You know what?” Moon’s whole demeanor changed “I like this” she touched his hair, making me stiffen up “And I like these” holding his biceps “But I’m not dating a bully”

Holy shit. Was this really happening? I slowly stood up, leaning against the wall, watching the situation carefully. Hawk looked taken back in shock. Moon walked away from him, all he could do was watch in pain.

“Where are you going?”

“We’re done” Moon sealed the deal.

I took a step forward, in case I had to stop Hawk from doing something drastic. To himself of course, he’d never hit a girl unless it was in combat. 

“No we’re not!” Hawk exclaimed. Moon turned back to him with an angry look, standing at her car door. Hawk ripped his shirt off, pointing to his chest. The crescent moon tattoo “This means forever” his voice shook

“And I didn’t ask you to do that!” Moon shouted, getting in her car and taking off.

“Hey- Hey!” Hawk got nothing

He spun around, storming past me and into the dojo. I followed after him. He raced all the way to the newly renovated back room.

“Hawk-”

He jabbed at the punching bag. Ripping punch after punch at it. He kept going and going. I thought he’d never stop. I stayed by the wall, watchung him sadly. I felt bad for him. As much as I hated Moon, he loved her. I couldn’t imagine his pain.

“You get into a fight?” a voice rang out, making me jump.

Kreese was standing in the doorway. I tenses up, watching him anxiously. Hawk was here, he couldn’t do anything if Hawk was here.

“With Miyagi-Do” Hawk answered, continuing his assault to the punching bag “We lost” he panted

“No you didn’t” Kreese grinned

Hawk froze, turning around, looking at him confused. Kreese walked right up to him, I knew what he was doing. He was taking a vulnerable kid, and turning him into a monster. I bit my lip hard, praying and wishing this wasn’t happening. I had to try and stop it. I had to

“Hawk I wanna go home” I spoke up, trying to get him away from Kreese 

“Now now Harley” Kreese stopped me, turning back to Hawk “The fight is only over… when you say it is”

“Hawk- Hawk please” I looked over, getting him to look me in the eye “... Let’s go?” I pleaded with my eyes

Hawk nodded softly, looking back at Kreese for a second.

“Thank you sensei,” he nodded before walking over to me. 

Hawk wrapped an arm around my shoulder, turning me walking us out to the car. This time I got in the driver's seat, Hawk got in the passenger. I cracked my neck, but this time it made a really loud noise and I cringed.

“Harley, you’ve gotta stop doing that” Hawk mumbled

“It’s fine” I sighed

“Yeah… just like everything else is fine?” He looked at me. I avoided eye contact, but out of my peripherals I could see his shift in his seat to face me “Harley… you’re going to destroy yourself”

“I’ve been fine so far” I went to turn on the car but Hawk grabbed my wrist 

“No you haven’t!” he looked shocked that I’d think that “Harley you black out while fighting because you don’t eat. You refuse to get medication for your insomnia. You’ve been smoking constantly, I see you going around the dojo after practise. You’ve been jumpy… since the day we filmed the commercial, which was ages ago. You’ve been reckless, and hurting your body at random. I don’t know what’s going on with you, but I know it isn’t good!” 

I saw pain in Hawk’s eyes. I tried to convince myself that it was just pain over losing the fight and losing Moon. I didn’t want to come to the fact that Hawk was worried about me, and that he knew I needed help.

“.... So what?” my voice didn’t pass a whisper

“You need help Harles” Hawk sighed “You need to let someone in those walls of yours”

“You’re one to talk about walls Eli-” I stopped myself, dropping my head “I’m sorry, Hawk” I corrected

“It-.... It’s actually okay” Hawk said with realization “You-... you can call me Eli, if you want to”

I looked up at him, seeing if there was anything hidden in his face or his eyes. There wasn’t. They were genuine. He was genuine. I leaned towards him, he did the same, wrapping his arms around me tightly. I held onto him as tight as I could.

“Can you stay with me tonight?” I asked hesitantly

“Yeah… Yeah sure Harles” Hawk nodded 

I smiled softly, pulling away and turning on my car. I drove back to my apartment. Hawk insisted on carrying me to bed, despite my protests. He laid me down, I had lost all the energy to move at that point. He went to sit on the floor but I stopped him.

“Can-... uh-... do you-”

“Calm down princess” Hawk gave me a soft grin, his voice was low and soft as well.

Hawk hadn’t bothered to put his shirt on since he ripped it off earlier, but I didn’t mind at all. He quickly took off his shoes, moving my blankets around and moving closer to me. I wrapped my arms around his waist, resting on his arm and cuddling up to his side.

“Goodnight pretty boy” I whispered

“Get some rest” Hawk smiled down at me.

I rolled my eyes, but suddenly found myself getting really tired. As I laid in Hawk’s arms, I found I was passing out. Then I fell asleep. If I was conscious I would’ve been in shock. But I spelt, peacefully at that. Not having any clue what had taken place after I did.

-'|'-'|'-'|'-