Old Friends

We waited for the popular kids to show up. When Kyler's jeep eventually rolled up, we were already in motion. All the nerd kids were down here having a blast, all the kids from the dojo. We had music and food, it was honestly a great time. The revenge was definitely icing on the cake though.

Half of the kids had already tried alcohol before. Aisha hadn't, that was a fun experience, but I felt obligated to keep Bert away from it, so I did, even if it meant chasing him around with my broken body, which Miguel and Hawk scolded me for.

"Hey hey Harley watch this!" Hawk called over to me

I watched as he shotgunned a can, and I laughed seeing him spray himself in the face. I stayed away from the alcohol, I had never been into drinking thanks to... both my parents, but I had a pack of smokes with me, so that worked out just fine.

I was standing with Hawk when a popular girl from out school walked over, Moon. What the hell was she doing here? She's like- Yasime's right hand man.

"Hey, I'm Moon" she gushed, leaning over him.

"They call me Hawk" he smirked

"Oh! Hey Harley! You look... ghetto" she just kept smiling

"Oh gee thanks" I rolled my eyes.

I walked away from him instantly, accidently walking straight into Miguel.

"Whoa- hey, sorry" I sighed, cracking my neck

"No no it's okay- I uh- I saw that... you okay?" he questioned

"Who me? Yeah I'm fine" I shrugged off

"Okay now I know you're lying... are- are you jealous?" he smirked

"I am not!" I shouted 

"Oh good, that means you should have no problems looking behind you"

I furrowed my eyebrows, spinning around to see... Moon was practically all over Hawk. My fists clenched, red started filling up in me. I hated that. Why did I hate that so much? Miguel nudged my shoulder, he held up a beer for me to take.

"Fuck it" I growled, taking a bottle from him and downing a big gulp right away.

I remember that night as clear as day and I regretted drinking that beer as soon as I started, but once I started I couldn't stop. For the rest of the night Miguel and I downed as many beers as we could find. I knew alcoholism ran in my family, but I didn't care. I watched Hawk make out with Moon all night long, it made me feel sick.

"Hey Harles" someone came up behind me

I spun around seeing Bert.

"Hey tiny man, what's up?" my voice was slurred

He gave me a weird look before pointing over to Aisha and Yasmine. I couldn't hear them, but that got me bothered, and I instantly went over to them.

"Yeah well, I know you and your little karate gang think you're cool, but we all remember who you really are" Yasmine taunted "You're just a fugly bitch and your friends are all freaks" she spat "Come on Moon"

"No, I'm staying. I apologized to Aisha for what we did and you should too" That was a shocker

"Whatever" Yasmine scoffed "You deserve them Moon" she shoved past Aisha and that was it for me

"Hey!" I shouted, running over "One bloody nose not enough for you?"

"Get away from me you psycho" she backed away

"Aw, or what? You're gonna cry sweet valley high?" I fake pouted

"Hey Yasmine" Aisha stood beside me "Let me help you to your car" Aisha suddenly grabbed Yasmine by the thong hanging out of her jean shorts, and lifted her off her feet. Yasmine screamed, I was in shock "No mercy bitch!"