Don't Lose

We all changed into our black and yellow robes, they had the sleeves cut off, they looked bad ass. I stood in the mirror in the locker room. All the guys were getting pumped up, having pleasant warm up spars or stretching. I couldn't help but stare. Suddenly a pair of hands held my shoulders, I looked behind me in the mirror, of course it was Hawk.

"You look good" I nodded

"You look great too" he smirked

"I feel like I should make it more baggy" I sighed, tugging at my gi

"Hey hey no, no no" he swatted my hands away, pulling me away from the mirror "You look just fine like this, okay? And besides, the more scrawny you look, the more awesome it'll be when you kick those jerks asses"

Miguel and Aisha came up behind Hawk, both smacking him up the side of the head.

"Not the right thing to say" they chorused

"Okay okay, sorry" he cringed

"It's okay, I know you meant well" I chuckled

"Ready to kick ass?" Miguel smiled down at me.

"Cobra Kai!" I shouted

"Cobra Kai!" Everyone shouted after me.

We all got in a line, we had an idea that Bert made up to wig out all the rest of the teams. He all started jogging out of the locker room, after everyone else chanting 'Cobra Kai, Cobra Kai' over and over. It felt amazing.

"From Reseda, returning to the tournament we have-"

"Cobra Kai! Cobra Kai! Cobra Kai!" We kept chanting as we made our way out into the stadium.

Lots of people cheered as we made a long winding track to our spots, stopping with a gruff 'hu!' standing still as boards. Was it kinda cheesy? Yes. Did it make us feel powerful and intimidating? Definitely. 

"Now that's what I call an entrance!" the announcer proclaimed "And a badass name for a dojo! Let's hear it for Cobra Kai!"

"Whoo! Go Hawk!" I heard Moon cheering from the stands.

It made my back itch, but not as much as the next thing that happened.

"And finally, fighting unaffiliated from North Hills, we have Mr. Robby Keene!"

My eyes widened as Robby came out into the ring. Oh swear to god I better not have to fight him. As he ran past me he gave me a sorry look, but I saw the smug look he gave my dad as he jogged by him. There's no way this will end well.

"Alright folks. Get ready... it's karate time"

The crowd cheered and the fights began.

"Alright gentlemen, you know the rules. Three points wins. Step on the mat"

Miguel was the first to fight. We all cheered him on as he began his fight. Miguel took the crane pose, I smirked, one of the best tricks in the book. As soon as the referee said fight the other guy was on his back.

As the fights continued I made sure to keep an eye on Robby. He was good, really good. But I kept my eyes on him and watched how he fought, trying to learn how he did it, analize his wins. Yes I'm not just all fists like my dad, I got some brains. As I assumed, every fight I was in, I won. What can I say, I'm good. I beat one guy in under two minutes. 

One of my favorite fights was Hawk versus a boy from one of the preppy studios. They were 2-2, the guy got a soft hit on Hawk, and that set him off. He sent a flying jab punch to the kid's face, and he was down. Hawk was so excited, that tripped the top half of his gi off, turning his back to the crowd, rotating his shoulders and making the hawk on his back 'fly'. He's such a dork, I love him.