It's Okay Baby

After practice I helped Hawk walk inside the beach house, his back was killing him, which of course made total sense. I handed him a water bottle, and he handed me a bag of rainbow fishy crackers. 

“You’re such a gentleman” I grinned

“I care about you” Hawk smiled, resting his hands on my hips “I was a dick, I gotta-”

“Do nothing” I pressed my finger against his lips to shut him up “I forgave you. You don’t need to keep beating yourself up”

Hawk didn’t say anything, because my finger was still against his lip, but he did nod. I chuckled, moving my hand down and pressing a soft kiss to his lips before enjoying the snack Hawk had brought for me. Hawk moved away from me, looking at one of the many sentimental things inside the beach house. It was an interesting looking old Japanese painting.

“Ya know, that’s the sparing deck where Mr. Miyagi’s great grandfather taught karate on the Okinawan waterfront” Demetri came into the room, making both of us look over at him

“Badass” I chuckled genuinely

Hawk reached out, looking at it with his hands of course, he was just touching the frame though, he wouldn’t break it. 

“Yo, be careful with that” Chris walked into the beach house alongside Nathaniel, knocking Hawk’s arm away from it.

“Why, you think I’m gonna break it?” Hawk chuckled, turning to Chris

“You already broke a door” Chris answered, making both our faces drop “And you stole Mr. Miyagi’s medal”

“And you beat the shit out of me” Nathaniel piped up

“Hey look- I’m really sorry about all that” Hawk fummed, I started getting angry

“Go back with your little Eagle gang. You’re not wanted here” Chris said shortly.

I saw the look on Hawk’s face, and I started bubbling, fast. Hawk noticed and shared a look with Demetri, I didn't notice that I was too busy glaring at Chris. Hawk grabbed my hand, and we walked out of the dojo, just in time to catch Mr. Larusso walking past us.

“Hey, Mr. Larusso can we talk?” Hawk asked

“What?”

“I don’t know where I fit in here” he mumbled

“Well what did you expect?” Mr. Larusso sighed “You’ve burned bridges with pretty much everyone here”

“I told you man” Chris sighed

Then it happened. I did something that hadn’t happened in a while. I went full blown red. Zero to a hundred in no seconds. I instantly leaped forwards, sending a kick to Chris’s face and punched Mr. Larusso in the gut.

“Why don't you remember where you came from you punk!” I shouted at Chris

“Whoa- Harley stop it- hey hey hey”

Everyone quickly ran around us to see what was happening, while I tried to get at Chris. He was ten times taller than me, but that didn’t matter. I slipped my way out of Hawk’s grip, sending another punch to Chris’s face. Finally Hawk and Demetri got a hold of my arm, Miguel ran out to the front just in time to grab my other arm before I could land another hit on the poor kid. I didn’t want to hit him, but I wasn’t gonna let him be a dick to Hawk. My I.E.D had taken over me completely, I wan’t me.

“Hey! Harely stop it- Harley!” Miguel tried

“Leave him alone! You leave him the fuck alone! Fucking asshole!” I shouted, not giving up “I hate you! You’re such a fucking prick!”

Suddenly I felt my body being flung onto the outside ground. I almost hit my face on the gravel, but that didn’t stop me from lashing out. I heard Hawk’s voice faintly, he had tackled me to the ground and was keeping me pinned down.

“Harley stop, you don’t hate him. Hey- shhh, ssh- Harley it's okay, it's okay baby” Hawk kept me pinned down, and I almost bucked him off a few times “Harley- shit- dude help me- help”

There was another pair of arms holding me down now, Demetri. Hawk and Demetri were keeping me on the ground and from hurting everybody, including myself. It made me think of something, of the mall fight. That felt like ages ago, when I lost my shit but Robby took care of me. Now Hawk and Demetri were taking care of me, and everyone else was watching. How’s that for a fucking parrel. 

“Harls please- please calm down” Demetri panted

I slowly stopped moving, I was panting like crazy, until I started to cough. I heard Hawk saying something that I didn’t quite catch, and a few seconds later my inhaler was in front of my mouth, thanks to Miguel. Finally I calmed down, and Demetri let go of me, sitting beside me on the ground. Hawk let go of me next, pulling me into his lap. I pushed my face into his chest, heaving and crying from being overwhelmed. I felt a pair of hands rubbing my back, they were too big to be Hawk or Demetri’s, must be Miguel. 

Dad and Mr. Larusso started to argue again, I curled up into a ball, a pair of soft hands covered my ears, that’s Demetri. 

“Everybody go away” Hawk muttered

I heard footsteps next, I sniffed back my tears and started to mumble incoherently, until Hawk brushed my hair away from my face and my head just followed.

“I didn’t mean to- I didn’t- I-It was an accident- I- I didn’t-”

“Hey, we know” Hawk said softly, running the pad of his thumb across my cheek to rid me of my tears “It’s okay Harley, we understand”

“And we can explain it to everyone else, everything’s gonna be okay” Miguel assured

“It’s okay Harley” Demetri nodded

I nodded my head softly, letting myself relax in the safety of the three boys. They had all been there for me when no one else would be. When dad was too busy or Robby was too proud. I could always count on them.

~~

Later that night Hawk was over at our apartment, I was sitting on the couch with my head hanging upside off the arm of it. I felt really bad about what happened at the dojo and I wanted to do something, but I couldn’t think of the right thing. My legs were over Hawk’s lap and he was writing something down. I thought we was doing school work. Boy was I wrong

“Hey babe, can you help me with this”

I sat up, groaning as all the blood rushed down from my head, making Hawk laugh. I nudged him and moved myself so I could see the sketchpad he was drawing in- when did Hawk start taking art- is that a blueprint?

“What exactly am I helping with?” I questioned

“Remember what Sensei said about burning bridges? Well…. There’s all this space back behind the fence at the dojo, we could use that space and build a sparing deck, ya know like the one in the painting”

My eyes lit up instantly, I did not expect that and I was so glad! “Oh hell yeah! That sounds amazing baby, what do you need help with?” i asked

“Well I’m not sure about these measurements, and I wanted you to double check my math”

I nodded, taking the pencil and started making edits to Hawk’s almost seamless design. I forgot that before we were karate masters Eli and Demetri used to be…. Smart. Granted they obviously both still were, just not as much outwardly. Hawk smiled, wrapping his arms around my waste and pressing soft little kisses to the back of my neck as he watched me work, it made me smile.

“How’s this?” I asked

I showed him the few edits I had made and Hawk’s face lit up like a ferris wheel.

“Let’s go call Demetri!”

-'|'-'|'-'|'-

PLEASE HELP. I've heard people's opinions about Harley, and I know I've done her rather dirty over the course of this book. I had some plans laid out for the end of the season, which don't exactly entail her having a big win moment for herself, to follow the plotline of the show. Anyway, my point is I'd like to know what you guys would like to see happen! Give me your suggestions PLEASE because I'm stuck. I have my ideas but I want to give you guys what you want.