Let's Talk

“Harley come on!” it seemed like the pounding on my door never stopped nowadays “Harley come out please!”

For context, I’ve been in my room for the past few months. Only leaving to go to the bathroom, and to go to school. I wasn’t eating again, or sleeping. The entirety of Eagle-Fang was constantly trying to get me to come out of my room. I didn’t even leave my room for karate, I practised on my own, worked out every day until I passed out from exhaustion, but I was strong and I was better than I was even before. I didn’t want to leave, every time I left my room, something bad happened. No matter what good came out of the world, the universe always found a way to puke it back up all messy and disgusting. And it’s Christmas! My favorite time of the year and life fucking sucks.

The only people who hadn’t been by to try and get to me were, you guessed it, Robby and Hawk. Currently the two people pounding on my door were Miguel and Demetri, and I wasn’t having it. 

“Harley you can’t rot in there for the rest of your life!” Demetri shouted

“Watch me!” I shouted back

I thought I heard muttering, but I brushed it off and dove further under my covers. That is until I heard the sound of cracking wood, and a loud thud. I was about to look up when suddenly my body was lifted up in the air, and I wasn’t able to move.

“There we go” I heard Miguel chuckle

“What the- guys cut it out!” I shouted “Put me down!”

I stopped moving and there was a moment of silence. Oh on-

“Okay”

I was dropped onto the ground, thankfully it was only a few inches but I still wasn’t happy. I scrambled to my feet, I felt red and hot and annoyed, but when I got to my feet and saw the faces of my two best friends. 

“There she is” Miguel smiled “Hey”

I sighed, running a hand through my hair “Fuck you both”

Demetri smiled, giving me a nudge before walking into the kitchen. I sighed, going to collapse down on the couch but Miguel hooked his arms under my armpits and kept me standing.

“Nuh uh” he chuckled at my groan “Look, you have every right to be pissed, but for the love of god you need to get out of the room. We’re not letting you throw away your life like your dad did”

“Really? The dad card?” I sighed

“Here” Demetri walked up, holding up a bag of rainbow fishy crackers “I bought these for you”

“My favorite” I smiled softly, taking one and tossing it in the air, letting it land in my mouth “So I’m really not allowed to become a w-wasitoid?”

“No!” They both chorused

Count on my boys to bring me back. They always do. 

~~

Later that night Demetri dragged me to the Larusso’s for a christmas party. I wasn’t too reluctant to go, and I was happy to see everyone again. They all thanked me for saving the All Valley, which made me laugh because it was really Miguel in my eyes. I was mostly happy about the fact that it seemed to scare my stutter away, I don’t even know why, but I was thrilled about that in general.

“Well, this Christmas parties turning out to be ho-ho-horrible” Demetri mumbled

“Yeah Sam, I thought you said you parents gonna be out for the night” Chris reminded “Why aren’t we throwing a rager?”

“There’s a keg on the way, it’s just gonna be a few more minutes” Sam didn’t look sure of herself at all, she’s up to something 

“Can we at least put on a Christmas special?”